• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for 3.5" card reader with multiple USB 3.0

thegreywizard

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
132
I need an internal 3.5" card reader with preferably 3-4 USB 3.0 ports

That's all I really need, nothing else fancy.

I found this one:

http://joymhc.sale.china-telecommun...front-panel-of-floppy-drive-mh-mfp-3501b.html

It's exactly what I'm looking for, although the interface on that one is PCI & I'd prefer SATA if possible - I have so many of them and the rest of my board is pretty full, especially the back ports.

So whatever kind of card reader I get, it has to plug into the board, NOT into a USB 3.0 on the back.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
 
I also found these three as well

This one is neat because it has a higher voltage charger for tablets/phones etc:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820506001

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9385UV7067

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1JM0FD2363

They're all about the same price, seem to have all of the features I need and fair ratings (doesn't looks like I will get a 4 or 5 star rating for what I'm looking for)

And finally this one:

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001923
 
Last edited:
So I'm pretty sure I'm going with this one since it has an internal connection:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...a&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3891137&SID=rewrite

It is connected via a PCI express - so this is able to allow full USB 3.0 speeds? Or will I be bottle-necked in any way because of the PCIE interface?

The but under "Specs" & interface it says USB 2.0?

It does have a 2nd cable that seems to look like a USB 2.0 connection doesn't it? So the 6 card slots will run data through USB 2.0 & the PCIE interface allows for the USB 3.0 then?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.
 
In general, I would avoid anything that comes direct internationally. Quality and quality control on these can be very poor and then you're out the money since service is non-existent.

Better to find something like what you want from a reputable domestic company like Thermaltake or startech.com.
 
Back
Top