Looking for: 27" VESA, Glossy, 2560x1440

JMcQueen

Limp Gawd
I'm based in the UK and looking for the above spec monitor. The only ones that I've found so far are either the Apple Cinema, Hazro or DGM

The apple is obviously high quality but expensive and the adjustments arent possible on a windows machine. The Hazro and DGM are great price wise but the quality is questionable. Isnt there a happy middle ground anywhere? I dont want to buy any of the Crossover either as I dont want to have to mess around returning to the far east if it goes wrong.

S27B970. Glass sheet like the ACD, but better motion. Based on PLS technology, not IPS (basically same thing in terms of contrast ratio, brightness, viewing angles etc etc)

Unfortunately its not VESA mountable and for the price I might as well get the Apple Cinema.

Yeah good point, sorry I missed that. If you are going to be playing games the ACD will be "less good" than the Hazro, but will probably be better built.

I dont do much gaming (only one or two games) and its the real estate that would be of benefit to me. I do watch a lot video and films whilst working though

Pretty sure you will be happy with the ACD then. Whenever I have seen them in the apple store in town, they always look amazing, if a little dark (but of course the "showroom" is illuminated to retina burning levels :p) :)

Back