looking for 19" flat lcd.

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I've got some money coming in, and i was wondering what would be a good flat lcd screen to have. I dont want to spend over $500, well that's not including tax, i know if you want a good monitor, they are around 499, but paying tax is least of my concern. I play WOW A LOT, and some CS here in the near future. The color of the mon isn't a must at all, just want a monitor with no ghosting and works great, thanks for the help guys!

I just ordered a Hyundai L90D+ from Newegg, they have them at $369 with free shipping. There have been a ton of great reviews for this monitor on this forum as well as ocforums.com It's an 8ms display, so it's about as good as it gets for a gaming LCD. That would be my reccomendation to you.

just a observation/question, do they make any LCDs that are not flat? so the addition of flat in a discption is bogus and not really needed...

hey, i was kinda looking into the Hyundai LD90+ and Viewsonic vx910. I'm trying to stay under $500, i would like to get some widescreen action going on, but widescreen isn't a must. I had saw some reviews on the Hyundai and it showed some ghosting, but supposedly the Viewsonic bad about the same thing. Have any of you had problems with the Hyundai or Viewsonic monitors with the ghosting. I'm still looking for a monitor that doesn't ghost, but I dont know how hard it is to find one that doesn't. I'm relying on you guys to help me out pretty good, thanks..

UrbN said:
hey, i was kinda looking into the Hyundai LD90+ and Viewsonic vx910. I'm trying to stay under $500, i would like to get some widescreen action going on, but widescreen isn't a must. I had saw some reviews on the Hyundai and it showed some ghosting, but supposedly the Viewsonic bad about the same thing. Have any of you had problems with the Hyundai or Viewsonic monitors with the ghosting. I'm still looking for a monitor that doesn't ghost, but I dont know how hard it is to find one that doesn't. I'm relying on you guys to help me out pretty good, thanks..

For gaming the Hyundai L90D+ is the best 19" option. Its color reproduction, contrast and brightness are excellent. The Samsung 8ms panel it uses is also the fastest 19" panel available.

If your looking for an LCD that doesn't ghost then the L90D+ is near perfect in that area. Its still not as good as a CRT but its very fast.

Tomshardware said:
Games are where we were most anxious to see what the L90D+ can do. And here again Hyundai deserves congratulations. The L90D+ is very responsive; images are perfectly fluid, and immersion in the game is very impressive. At the risk of repeating myself, playing on a 19" monitor is something you have to try right away if you haven't yet had the chance. Dark games take full advantage of the excellent black level. Games with bright colors are also at their best on this panel, with its intense, accurate colors. In short, the L90D+ is a gamer's monitor. You'll have to make no concessions where resolution is concerned, though. Beyond the native resolution, the image deteriorates significantly, so you'll need a good graphics card.

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050215/lcd-05.html

I have one and i love it.

Back