Looking for 10MM bolts for use in IBM racks

Draugauth

Limp Gawd
Looking for both the bolts and the clip on nuts. I can take pictures and post if requested to make identifying them easier.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for both the bolts and the clip on nuts. I can take pictures and post if requested to make identifying them easier.

Thanks in advance.

Pics please, also local hardware store might have something near what you need.
Ace, Lowes, Home Depot.

This is the type of bolt I am looking for.
2013-02-01_19-57-29_865.jpg

On the head where you see it cut it is a flathead/phillips head inside the socket head.

This is the type of clip I'm looking for.
2013-02-01_19-56-22_315.jpg

Again thanks in advance. I need to go to Lowes to buy some things so I'll see what they have.

Hopefully this helps: my favorite place to buy bolts and such is www.fastenal.com. They have stores in some areas. There is one about 20 minutes from me but the hours do not allow me to visit unless I want to take time off from my own job which I do not, so I usually just order online.

Those are more like M6x 1.25, if even that. It may be a 10mm head socket- but that is not the thread size.
We have a ton of those, I will ask purchasing in the AM where they are ordered. I know we buy some emergency packs from Amazon.

Hopefully this helps: my favorite place to buy bolts and such is www.fastenal.com. They have stores in some areas. There is one about 20 minutes from me but the hours do not allow me to visit unless I want to take time off from my own job which I do not, so I usually just order online.

Just a heads up, check grainger or mcmcaster car next time- or a local Ace hardware. All will be cheaper then fastenal.

The Spyder: Any word?

The clips I can find alright. It's the style of bolt that is the PITA to find. Seeing as it's a socket/flathead/phillips head style one.

They should be standard square holes. You can use standard caged nuts such as these:

030cage_nut_tool.jpg

I have an IBM rack in my office and it came with those same exact clips and flat-headed screws, but for anything additional I've used the "standard" ones without a problem.

Back