Looking at new speakers

General Crespin

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
3,260
Creative X-Fi XM and Altec Lansing ADA995 (5.1) that came with my Dell five years ago.

Anyone know much about these speakers? There's not much about them online. Just trying to find out if I should upgrade or not. They sound fine to me but I'm still curious. :)

specs at Directron
 
General Crespin said:
They sound fine to me but I'm still curious. :)
Then there's your answer :). They look pretty good to me, and Altec Lansing makes very good-sounding kit, so I think you'll be fine as long as you don't start to have any audiophile aspirations.
 
Do you know if those speakers will work with Vista? I have those same speakers & I think they are great still, but was just wondering if they will work with my new computer and Vista.

Thanks!
 
Any speakers will work with Vista, so long as they can connect to your sound card. Those use standard connectors, so they'll work perfectly.
 
Always remember: If it sounds good it IS good. There's no artificial standard for purity of audio you need to aspire to. Do what sounds good to you. Don't let anyone tell you that you are doing things the wrong way if that's what sounds the best.
 
Thanks! No one has told me I had to change them, but wondered if they would work ok with Vista. Thanks for all the replies! I'll be keeping them :)
 
Back
Top