Looking at a Philips 42PFL6704D

Dijonase

Gawd
I was looking at a Philips 42PFL6704D at Costco, but after a quick search to check it out I saw some chatter on another site saying some pretty disappointing things. It was some AV enthusiast site, so I assume that as this is a low- or mid-range model it's below most of those people's standards.

I'm not planning on spending any more than the $899 this TV is currently going for (in fact, it's a bit more than I originally planned on spending). I was comparing it to a Vizio SV420XVT (selling for $849), and the Philips looked to me to be the better deal.

Any thoughts? These forums have never steered me wrong before, and I'd appreciate any help.

To add a little detail here, it seems that what people were grumbling about was the lack of the ambilight feature, and I'm not exactly sure what that is. Not that I'm too worried about it. I thought the picture looked great and probably plan on going back today to buy it.

I'll take the fact that no one felt the need to say anything negative about the TV to be a good sign, and unless I hear anything else I'll go for it.

Back