• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking around for a good POST diagnostic card

bardos

n00b
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
33

I'm looking for a POST diagnostic card that will work with PCI-E... I have an older one for PCI alone and of course it does not work with the new slots. I have been looking around (principally on ebay and amazon) and I can't really understand what's what with the new diagnostic cards. Can anyone recommend a card that works well for them? thx
 
I remember these things from back in the day and was curious so I did some searches, but the main point being driven home is that there's no such thing as a post card in the days of uefi bios since there aren't post codes like there once where.

There is a card made by passmark, but it seems to test the pcie slot more than anything else:
https://www.passmark.com/products/pcie-test-card.htm

I found some other stuff, but it has the same cryptic information that you may have run into. Looks like there's not much in this arena anymore. :(
 
But my gigabyte.ga-z87x-ud3h mobo has one embedded, so post codes must still be a thing, no?
 
They might be, but because that motherboard is of a completely different era as the old AT/ATX ones, I don't think there's going to be a card like there was back in the day. In fact, as cheap as motherboards (and all components) are these days, I can see why there isn't financial resources going into making tools since most people just toss and buy a new one. A computer isn't built to last 10-20 years anymore.
 
Back
Top