Lookin for some upgrades

Blah425

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
340
What I would like to look into doing is gettin a new CPU and vid card. I am looking into getting something in the 7 series but IDK if i want to spend more than $350. Also I am running a AMD 3200 and I am looking into gettin a new cpu to help with this new video card. I am plan on getting a 2007fpw and another gig of ram. Any help would be great.

What I am thinking is something along the lines of a 3500+ and a 7900GT. What do you guys think?
 
for best value get something like a X1800XT and Asus A8N-E motherboard with a Venice 3200+.
The chip will clock like mad with the default cooler and give you close performance to the fastest single core CPU's out.
 
kind of pointless going from a 3200 to a 3500. I'd recommend going for a San Diego 3800. These chips have been known to oc in excess of 600mhz on air. (not to say that you'd do that, but the potential is always there)
 
Yeah, I am not one to overclock. I was also lookin at the 3800+ but just didn't list it. I would rather stay w/ Nvidia as my video card. What is the best buy in the 7 series that wont cost me more than $300-350?

I can not find the 3800+ San Diego is the 3800+ Venice fine?
 
Blah425 said:
Yeah, I am not one to overclock. I was also lookin at the 3800+ but just didn't list it. I would rather stay w/ Nvidia as my video card. What is the best buy in the 7 series that wont cost me more than $300-350?

I can not find the 3800+ San Diego is the 3800+ Venice fine?

Sorry, I meant the 3700+. Also speaking of graphics, I would also recommend picking up that x1800xl.. better bang for the buck. for a 7900gt of similar stature, you're looking in excess of $250, which would be beaten by that x1800xl if it were flashed to xt in most occurances. Why go for the worse value? :confused:
 
Back
Top