Look what I just found!!!

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
Oh my God... it's an omen, it really is.

I know I haven't been around much, and this is completely off topic, but I had to share this, and who else but the mighty [H]orde would really understand the magnitude of this discovery?

I present to you, the McKay Brothers and the album they surely wrote for the [H]orde....

Well, there ya go. I knew you'd appreciate it as much as I do!!

Ahem.... and I suppose in an effort to keep this kinda sorta on topic, some news from digital_exhaust, and an update on the death of my home farm.....

As hard as this is to say, lately I have been debating rather I would continue folding. My borg is still up, but my home farm has been dead for a while, and I have honestly been considering leaving it that way.... but then I got a pm from Kendrak, and then I found this, and now I can't stop thinking about all the good times I've had here and the really cool people I have met.... and I miss it....

So, I'm going to get my farm back up and folding away as soon as possible... I think I should have a GPU folding before the weekend, and I will turn it over to the Ape in time for the CC.... and we'll see what happens from there. I don't know if I'll bother with the classic client at home any more, but who knows.. maybe I'll fire up a couple headless boxens...

Now I just need to listen to this album and see if it's any good or not.... I suppose it doesn't really matter, the title alone makes it worth a big ol' thumbs up from me:)

I think the McKay Brothers are very much on topic in the DC sub forum. After all, Beer and Tamales and Popcorn are our official [H] food sources!

It has to be a sign. I see big important things in your future.

Definitely a good omen!!!! And a few days before CC '09!

So now my mission is to figure out just who the McKay Brothers are and where they've been all my life.

Good news, you can find these guys on Youtube!

I'm going to BBQ in Kansas City this weekend and tell everyone about the Mckay Brothers. There will be beer and I'm going to see if I can find a tamale or 7 as well. Then I'm going to switch my gf's borg over the [H]Ape. What sort of qualities does one look for in tamales? I've only ordered them at restuarants up to this point.

Good tamales...

Okay.. the meat needs to be a bit "scalded", cooked and shredded just right or they are a bit too hard eat..... too "clumpy". The texture of the meat is important. Chicken and pork are usually what we have around here. The dough needs to have hints of paprika, garlic and (in my opinion) a lot of cumin, otherwise it's kind of bland, you know... tasteless.

My personal favorites are pork and green chili... smothered with green chili, and maybe a side of frejoles, some rice and a couple of warm flour tortillas. Pacifico is the beer of choice in my opinion.

Glad your borging for the Ape.. BBQ, tamales and beer sound like a pretty damn tasty way to spend a weekend! Enjoy!!

Oh... and hey Kendrak.. I got a few cold ones waiting in the cooler for you and alan.... it's been a while;)

Damn it, why did I come back into this thread? Now I'm hungry.

Back