Long shot -- help me buy a house - selling 08 Z06, 24K miles, immaculate

collegeboy69us

Supreme [H]ardness
UPDATED - Lower Price & all mods/stereo system included

Help me buy my first house - 08 Z06 F/S, 2Lz, nav, chrome, low miles, immaculate! (Velocity Yellow color)

So after some soul searching I have made the (painful) decision to sell my 2008 Corvette Z06 for the purpose of putting a downpayment on a house and finally doing the "Grown up" thing. Let's just jump right into the details

Purchased new in April 2008 from a forum dealer in Random Lake, WI (Corvette Conti)
24,000 miles - 99% highway, 1% track day (3 track days total lifetime)
Not a single issue in the time I've owned it, in fact I take pride in the fact it's never set foot on a dealership lot after initial purchase.
All maintenance done by yours truly - Mobil 1 5w30 every 5K miles
Currently has new rear tires (installed Jan-2013) and good front tires (All Nitto Invo in stock sizes)
Title is clean/clear as well as the CarFax record is 100% clean

Mods:

Halltech Killer Bee - color matched
Halltech Beehive heat shield
Vette Air cold air scoop
20% all around tint (except front windshield) installed professionally by Quality Motorsports in Lewisville, TX
"Muffler Mod" - canisters opened modified for a more wild note in "loud mode"
Mild2Wild remote exhaust controller (with FOB)
Color matched engine covers - done by forum member "Carlos"
Slotted Rotors -- brake pads have good life left in them
3M Clear Bra -- installed professionally by Quality Motosports in Lewisville, TX (installed when car was new)
Ported throttle body - installed by Quality Motorsports in Lewisville, TX
Color matched rear license plate frame by corvettemods (forum vendor)
Laser Interceptor "Quad" System with remote kill switch in ashtray.

the Z06 currently has a full custom audio/nav setup installed which may or may not stay with the car. As it stands I'd like to sell everything together. Can be returned to stock if so desired.

Full Tablet "carputer" - Samsung Galaxy Tav 2.0 7" model
Alpine PDX5 - 5 channel amp
Boston Acoustic 6.5 component front stage
Alpine 6.5" rear stage
Image Dynamics 10" subwoofer
Boxology custom C6 fit rear sub enclosure

When the LS7 valve/head fiasco was at it's peak - I was a little pro active about having my LS7 checked -- I had the folks at LG Motorsports take a peep at the valve train and got the "all okay" light. They did the wiggle test for me and just gave everything a once over. Reciepts available - work was done 2/13/13

Some usual rock chipping on rear rocker panels from debris (just like on every other Z06 out there) There is a low speed brake squeal fromt the front passenger side wheel. Confirmed it's not a low pad, just needs some brake quiet on it. Also there was a light scrape on the passenger side rocker panel (right about where the back edge of the door is. Repaired with color matching paint and unless you are laying on the ground 6" away you can't see it (just being 100% honest about all issues)

Texas plate registered under "7LITER" - and I'm happy to let this go with the car, there is a form or two I think has to be filled out to let the state know a new owner has it under their control. Since the state has outsourced custom plates these days my combo of name/plate is about a $350 value :)

Price - some research on KBB/NADA combined with the new tires and the light mods/extras that can't easily be taken off I'm asking $47k. I'm a reasonable man though. Considering rear tires are new, clear bra, upgraded brakes, Halltech bolt ons (can also include stock parts), I'd say $47k is quite the reasonable point. This price includes the Tablet head unit/audio system/sub/box/and Laser Interceptor System. After looking around here and on a few trade/broker sites once you strip away the extra's my price would fall rather close to what a 100% stock in excellent condition is going for. Make me an offer -- negotiations are always open.

Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas I also have family and make it to Houston every now and then if there is someone down in that area that is seriously interested. Funny enough I remember driving from Tx to WI to pick the car up from the dealer -- and it's been a dream for 5 years, sad to see it go, at 31 though, I figure I need to concentrate my effort into a house at this time.

I'm open to any and all questions, if you are local and want to take a look we can figure out a time/place to meet. Have plenty of recent pics I can email. I also must add the obligatory "no tire kickers/no joyrides" comment. Since this isn't a honda civic any test drives will be done with me in the car after showing valid drivers license and insurance responsibility has been proven.

Payment will be conducted at a local bank (Chase is who I use) to lessen the chance of any fraud or errors.

Contact me directly at: [email protected] or shoot me a PM here (PM's might be slower to reply) Funny enough I keep hitting "preview post" because I'm actually a little sad and a little afraid to hit "Submit thread" as it will mean really putting this prize up for grabs.

Thanks for looking.
Jeff

Pics below (lots)
dsc01865zz.jpg

dsc01864e.jpg

dsc01860y.jpg

dsc01859xp.jpg

dsc01715cz.jpg

dsc01867rh.jpg

dsc01866db.jpg

20130227102905.jpg

20130403161829.jpg

20130206133135.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice ride man. Wouldn't that licence plate do better on a viper though? lol

Very nice ride man. Wouldn't that licence plate do better on a viper though? lol

Sorry but Viper's are for people with no bones to jar. If you want similar performance in a vehicle but a waaay waaaaaaaay more comroftable ride, a Vette is the only way to go.

It would be perfect on a viper -- however it's still pretty damn cool in it's own right. It's the Gadsten flag after all :)

I chose that TX plate mainly for fact that the plate color matches the car perfectly .

The "Don't tread on me" was featured in the simpsons -- but it's not a reference to simpsons at all. The original idea (as mentioned earlier) is from the Gadsten flag that dates back to 1775.

Sorry but Viper's are for people with no bones to jar. If you want similar performance in a vehicle but a waaay waaaaaaaay more comroftable ride, a Vette is the only way to go.

Lol, I'm not comparing the two. I'm just saying the license plate is of a snake. A Viper is a snake. Lol.

Bump for Wow!!!!!!!

Very awesome Vette man.

And I thought my little 155mph Kompressor was awesome LOLOL
kompressor_zps3f155503.jpg

Should sell pretty quick...........I know, that will suck! :p

Last edited:
If I hadn't just bought the wife a new Xterra last week....(just hit 100 miles on the odo, :eek:) I'd be all over that. Ahh...who am I kidding...she would NEVER let me buy that. :( Bump for ya. Hope it sells...(or hope it doesn't sell..U can say your tried and end up keeping it!!! ;) )

Drool.. Unfortunately current point in life an SUV is what I should be looking at.

I do not like the color. With that said I don't think the nerds here can remotely fathom how awesome that car is. If you haven't taken it to MSR at least once, then shame on you!!!
I had an 08 C6 Z51 and it was nothing short of spectacular, so I know first hand what it feels like to have all the powers of hell at your command.

In summation, if it was red and I had the money, I would buy it on the spot. And then head straight to MSR.

Don't doooo iiiitttttt!!!!! - from someone who sold an awesome car in the past and regrets it every day :(

Can't tell from OP, is it a manual or slush?

Z06's only come in 6 speed manual --- not even an option to get a silly auto :D

Oh -- and 0-60 for a stock C6 Z06 is 3.6 seconds -- this one has a few extra ponies under the hood, and a few lb's taken out from mods :)

Kraemer -- yes I've taken it to motorsports ranch - several times actually. I would do track day events with a group called "The Drivers Edge" for 300 bucks you got two full days of racing action with an instructor and everything. Top speed for me was 170mph :)

Oh and K1tty: I want to keep the car... so so bad, this thing is my pride and joy, and really the only "fun" thing I have outside of video games and playing poker with my buddies. To me this car represents better times -- I bought the Z06 when I was making bank in oil and gas, too bad the economy crapped out and the gravy train stopped. Very lucky to hold onto it over the past 4 years despite making the peanuts I make (relative to old income) I've crunched numbers for multiple weeks and there is no real way I can afford to buy a $120k house and keep the car (and keep paying on my Kia) just not enough income to go around. After a lot of soul searching I decided it's time to sell the depreciating asset for one that appreciates -- plus at 31 years of age, I'm REALLY tired of paying rent.

Last edited:
Not usually a yellow fan but that is one hella nice looking car.

GLWS.

bump. ill send a link to my grandpa. he wants one of these.

ive gone 164mph on the back roads of Montana (passing cars too) in my old 2006 Evolution 9 MR (6speed) ... it felt like i was lifting off the ground over small hills.... I cant imagine going 200mph xD

Last edited:
Some of the responses on here are pretty funny.

But bump on a bad ass ride, at stock levels these cars are almost impossible to beat, 500hp around 33xxlbs? All for $48k??? GLWS!

With the mods done to this car, I'd just get a nice set of HRE, TF, CCW rims and good tires and call it a day!

Some of the responses on here are pretty funny.

But bump on a bad ass ride, at stock levels these cars are almost impossible to beat, 500hp around 33xxlbs? All for $48k??? GLWS!

With the mods done to this car, I'd just get a nice set of HRE, TF, CCW rims and good tires and call it a day!

Oh and the car should be right around 31XX lbs if i recall correctly :)

Yeah back in the day I was considering a set of Forged 360 rims -- tires can get crazy expensive depending on what compound you are looking and what application you want to use them in.

the rear's are what kill you when it comes to price. -- they wear at a faster rate then the front, it's a staggered setup as well (18's in the front 19's in the rear -- all stock sizes0

Z06's only come in 6 speed manual --- not even an option to get a silly auto :D

Owned. But yeah, I've seen some Vette's with autos. I promptly vomit after witnessing such blasphemy. :D Awesome - I didn't know the Z06's only came in a manual.
EDIT: And that's how it should be.

Owned. But yeah, I've seen some Vette's with autos. I promptly vomit after witnessing such blasphemy. :D Awesome - I didn't know the Z06's only came in a manual.
EDIT: And that's how it should be.

Funny enough there are some people who spend big bucks turning the 6 speed Z06 manual into a beefed up auto box. (due to their age/or wanting the have an LS7 powered Z, but not liking the manual aspect of it.

Makes no sense to me, but it's their money :)

bump - still know it's a long shot but I've reduced the price, and bundled in all mods/stereo/laser jammer under a new lower price in hoping to move this thing sooner rather than later.

I am quite impressed that you reached this decision at such a young age. I decided getting a house when I was 37 years old and when 2 bedroom appartment was not enough to accommodate my family. I never regretted that. Although I must admit that house can take away quite a lot of time. It feels good that I will own my house in few years.

Back