• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Long-Distance HDMI

Hotwir3

n00b
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
16
My desktop is in my bedroom and I want to stream online videos to my TV in the family room. 50 feet should be an adequate distance.

Is the best option for me THIS? I don't really want to pay that much.
 
Depends on what you need really.

If you have a GPU with a native HDMI out - you can pickup a standard 50ft HDMI cable. If not and your card can pass audio through HDMI via a DVI to HDMI adapter (which many can), just use the dongle (only a couple bucks).

I see the HDMI 1.3 50' cables for $18.75 and ~$22 for the 1.4 shipped from ebay.

There really is no reason to spend $68 on that cable.
 
Back
Top