LoL @ Newegg (Ultra-120 Extreme)

Al Shades

Limp Gawd
Reference number: LTK25018268958X Please use this ticket number in any correspondence with Newegg.com.
Subject: Newegg.com - >General>(Mail #30042007896767)* Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.
Unfortunately, we have no information as to when or if we'll be carrying the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Edition CPU heatsink at this time.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.
Thank you,
Scott Renwick
========== Original Message ==========
Subject: Newegg.com - >General>(Mail #30042007896767)* Newegg.com - >General>(Mail #30042007896767)*

Business/Agency/Institution:

Customer#:
Sales Order#:
Invoice#:
Item#:

Message: Greetings, Will the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Edition CPU heatsink be available on your site in the near future? Any ETA if possible? Thanks

Requested Mail Copy: Yes

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.
Newegg.com Contact Us Automatic Email System.
ID : 4/30/2007 3:21:15 PM E3WEB017/colo - LAX04SESL05

The next day...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835109140

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

:p

Bah, and my Zalman 9700 is already en-route and arrives tomorrow. :(

Although I think I still might end up preferring the Zalman... one thing I liked was that even when you turned the fan down to low (18 db) it still performed incredible. Could be the copper? Sound levels are important to me on this PC.

If I was buying today, I'd have a harder time deciding though. :( Damn technological progress...

Although I think I still might end up preferring the Zalman... one thing I liked was that even when you turned the fan down to low (18 db) it still performed incredible. Could be the copper? Sound levels are important to me on this PC.
the copper has nothing to do with the sound. thats why a big selling point to thermalright heatsinks are that you can use whatever fan you want. if sound is of a concern than slap on a yate loon or scythe and if it is not slap on your favorite delta.

I bought the ultra 120 yesterday.How big of a difference will the extreme have compared to the older version.

the copper has nothing to do with the sound.
I wasn't suggesting the copper had anything to do with sound. I was saying that maybe the fact that it was copper was the reason it still cooled so well even with the fan throttled down to lowest speed.

I wasn't suggesting the copper had anything to do with sound. I was saying that maybe the fact that it was copper was the reason it still cooled so well even with the fan throttled down to lowest speed.
sorry for the misunderstanding. and you are right, a well designed quality heatsink allows one to reduce fan speed while maintaining decent temps. however, heatsink material is just one of the factors; heatpipes, # of fins, contact with the ihs all play a factor.

It allows you to put your own fan on it. Whatever you want, a quiet yate, or a screaming delta, your choice.

Back