LOL Compal to make Dell's 19" WS laptop next year (link inside)

Interesting. If it's a 16:10 WS ratio, the 19" screen will be 16"x10" (really 16.11"x10.07"). If the laptop uses the same "borders" around the screen as the 9300 (17" WS), that would make the laptop:

16.9" x 12.2" x whatever thick. Huge. There better be a numeric keypad on that sucker. That form factor can almost fit a full sized 104 key keyboard.

The *big* 9300 measures about 15.3" x 11.4".

Yea I saw something about that thing. I mean fuck I thought the 17inch notebooks were too big. I can't wait to see people trying to carry around one of these things.

First time I see someone on the train pull that out of their bag I'm going to crack up...

Its going to weigh around what? 15lbs?

This is GREAT news!

Finally, a laptop that I can use...get this....ON MY LAP!

No more pained elbows and wrists...no more oragami poses to get the tiny thing to stay on my lap.

YAY!

Oh, I say this cause I am 6'8" and 362lbs. :D

Tiny said:
This is GREAT news!

Finally, a laptop that I can use...get this....ON MY LAP!

No more pained elbows and wrists...no more oragami poses to get the tiny thing to stay on my lap.

YAY!

Oh, I say this cause I am 6'8" and 362lbs. :D
lay of the crispy creams.

Cool.

I carry a 17" around with me every day, everywhere. I wouldn't want it any other way, nor can I stand the ultra-portables for anything I do regularly.

Hmm... considering I've moved my Inspiron 9300 4 times total in the 2 months since I had it... I wouldn't mind having a 19". :D

I think it's a cool idea -- great big screen, no it's not a notebook that you would want to throw in w/ your books to school/work on a daily basis, but it's portable enough for occasional moving around.

cheers

yass

serbiaNem said:
Eh, boring news... I'll be excited when they fit an ergonomic keyboard on a laptop. :p

I remember the acer first gen centrino had a curved keyboard but was flat. It was cool.

ryanrule said:
lay of the crispy creams.

wow...do you actively go looking for my posts? So far you crap on everything that I post about.

Looks like I have a cyber stocker! Woot! My first one!

Anyway...just because I am 362lbs doesn't mean I am a blubber. I just got done getting timed for a college coach in the 40yrd at 5.6. Not bad for 362lbs. I can do the splits and I have a 20inch vertical jump. While I am working hard at getting to my doctor proscribed ideal weight of 322lbs (because of my bone structure, they both say that is my ideal weight), that isn't bad for 362lbs.

Plus...I have eaten 1 KK in my life, and it made me gag. They are foul little surgar bombs...so no thanks.

What is so wrong about wanting a 19" portable?

Tiny said:
wow...do you actively go looking for my posts? So far you crap on everything that I post about.

Looks like I have a cyber stocker! Woot! My first one!

Anyway...just because I am 362lbs doesn't mean I am a blubber. I just got done getting timed for a college coach in the 40yrd at 5.6. Not bad for 362lbs. I can do the splits and I have a 20inch vertical jump. While I am working hard at getting to my doctor proscribed ideal weight of 322lbs (because of my bone structure, they both say that is my ideal weight), that isn't bad for 362lbs.

Plus...I have eaten 1 KK in my life, and it made me gag. They are foul little surgar bombs...so no thanks.

What is so wrong about wanting a 19" portable?

maybe its cause of your name he stalks you

Back