LOL 36c temperature increase (56k beware)

Hey guys. I started messing around with my old P3 500 today, and I found something pretty interesting.

I started running prime95 to see what my load temp would be. It was running at 20c idle (I believe that it's accurate because the heatsink was cool to the touch and it's running without a side panel on right now.)

So I startup prime95 and Asus PC Probe (original version that came with my Asus P3B) and I watch the temp.

20c immediately went to 35c and then to 44c and then after 2 minutes, up to 56c.

I was amazed. Made a GIF (this is only ~30 seconds, 680k)

tempjump.gif

Crazy, huh? Is this normal or are my sensors wonky?

I was going to overclock it, but that seems like a pretty high load temp to me. Not to mention I think I have to OC it with jumpers... anD I'm lazy, so.

did you use print screen for each picture, or use a program to do that? if so, what program did you use for the animated gif.

Yeah bro, bad idea on the picture... people here [including me] are entertained by flashy objects, I want to know the program. :p I would hate to see someone printscreen every damned picture of the mouse moving.

lol I figured my post would be ignored because of the moving picture :p

CamStudio and then Animation shop to save the AVI as a GIF and to sample only every 5 frames.

Good luck finding it though, all links point to some new MacroMedia crap, I'm guessing the bought it.

PM me if you really want it, or can't find it. It's free, so no juarez involved, I just don't want to post the link because I know MacroMedia doesn't want anyone using it anymore.

You can use Adobe Illustrator (i think) to make animated gifs. Either that, or they called it something else.

Well, yeah you can use ImageReady (Adobe product) to do GIFs, but it's damn expensive.

It also doesn't do screen capture as far as I know.

The application in question is CamStudio, which records to AVI (raw or compressed, up to you).

I used Jasc Animation Shop to convert AVI to GIF and to sample every 5 frames, as mentioned above.

Since someone said it'd be no problem for it to be hosted, I'll just host it.

So, if anyone wants to mess with it, here ya go: http://vidi.ca/files/CamStudio.exe

Back