Logon failure with vista home network

junglicious

Limp Gawd
"\\PCNAME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource, contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
"

What I don't get is my laptop (gateway 7805) can be access but this netbook (acer 1410) can not be access from my desktop. Does anyone know what the problem is? I did a search and still haven't found a solution.

Thanks

do yo have file and printer sharing enabled? computers all on the same workgroup?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yes, I have file and printer sharing enable and they are on the same workgroup all running the same OS, Vista Home Premium. I even check with the gateway laptop setting to match them up since that one is accessible but the acer is not for some reason.

I wanted to mention that the acer laptop can access the desktop but not vice versa. So to transfer files between the two I would have to use the acer laptop to connect to the desktop. If I want to transfer something from the desktop I would have to put it in the share folder so I can access the files from the acer laptop.

Hmmm, is the network set to "home" or "work" on the Acer? Sounds like there is a firewall or something blocking access. Also, does the user account you use on the Acer have a password set? Any third-party firewalls or Norton Internet Security or anything like that?

Hmmm, is the network set to "home" or "work" on the Acer? Sounds like there is a firewall or something blocking access. Also, does the user account you use on the Acer have a password set? Any third-party firewalls or Norton Internet Security or anything like that?

I got it to work. It was on private, then I switch it to public. When I did that it still did not work so I turned on network discovery and it switch me back to private network then I was able to connect to the acer with the desktop. I don't know what the problem was, maybe a misconfiguration somewhere?

Thanks.

I got it to work. It was on private, then I switch it to public. When I did that it still did not work so I turned on network discovery and it switch me back to private network then I was able to connect to the acer with the desktop. I don't know what the problem was, maybe a misconfiguration somewhere?

Thanks.

I got it to work. It was on private, then I switch it to public. When I did that it still did not work so I turned on network discovery and it switch me back to private network then I was able to connect to the acer with the desktop. I don't know what the problem was, maybe a misconfiguration somewhere? I forgot to mention that I also had to turn off password protected sharing for the acer. but what I don't get is i have it on the gateway laptop and it works but I have to enter my user name and password for that laptop. since i turn off the password protected sharing it doesn't ask for that.

Thanks.

Back