>> Logo design contest << ends March 20, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gottta say, i didnt use a MS font either, or vectoring. so i would probally be stuck with the same situation.

im not too fimilar with vectoring logos, never did it, but i know what you mean. when i resize something larger than the orginal, it turns out bad looking.

edit: but i have vectored other things so i have a good idea of how to.

Yea, if your gonna do it in a non bitmap based app, not a vector based one, make sure the image is either really large so that you didn't have scale up or make the DPI res really high something over 300dpi. But you should really do it in a vector enviroment.

MS paint.... hmm.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ictrlu
I already said that if they came with Windows...you can use them...learn how to read please.

My exact words: "what font is that? You do realize that if that isnt a font that comes with Windows, you have to pay for the use of it."

Most of the fonts that come with Windows are made by the Monotype Corperation Which MS owns I believe. No need to take a typography class to know that you can't use someone else's font commercially. That's ILLEGAL and will get you sued, so it's kind of important that you remember what font you used...but whatever. I don't care...it's not me that has to deal with it. It's just extremely unprofessional IMO, to give a "client" artwork that could get them in legal trouble. Not to mention...there is no way for him to resize that logo (larger than it already is) without losing quality. Also, I don't believe you can save a document at 300 DPI using MS Paint, which is printing resolution. When, and if, he goes to get this professionally printed...they will laugh at him. He's gonna have to pay them or someone else to redo it...bottom line.

Don't get me wrong...I think the logo is nice. I like it personally...but Paint doesn't produce professional quality logos.

Appreciate the heads up.

The pictures I provided are simply rendered versions of the originals, not the final product delivered (hence the color comment). They scale to our needs (an important design characteristic we looked for). Of course, vectors are typically key in this sort of design.

I have the font (Compacta BT) installed already and am properly licensed to use it as such. If it looks familiar...it's popular with the Star Trek crowd ;)

Thank you again everyone, look forward to future contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back