Logitech's MX Duo and MX1000

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
ill be in the market shortly for a new keyboard and mouse. i currently have a HP zd7000 lappy w/ a logitech MX310 mouse. im looking at getting wireless for the new desk/setup i will probably be getting. ive been reading around, and people say that the MX Duo has almost no lag. since im a gamer thats incredibly important. the only thing is, is that i also want a MX1000. i want to be as uncluttered as possible, so id like to go w/ wireless. if i get enough recommendations, i might just get a MX Duo and wait for another year or so to buy a laser MX series mouse and get the MX Duo now. anyways, back to the actual question: (if i do get both the Duo and MX1000) is it possible for me to use the docking station of the MX700 w/ the MX1000. i would like the KB an Mouse to be wireless, but i dont want 2 docking stations used at the same time. so, can i connect the MX1000 to the MX Duo cradle, or should i just get a MX Duo and scratch the MX1000 for a while?

This was asked before, and if I remember, short answer: No.

The dock's receptor won't be able to pick up the MX1000.

The MX1000 will quite happily comunicate with teh MX700 Docking station. and visa Versa.

HOWEVER.. In caps becuase it's a big however.

NEVER attempt to charge a MX1000 on a MX700 Docking station and Never try to charge a Mx700 on a MX1000 Docking station.

They Battery types are Nicad for the Mx700 and Li-Ion for the Mx1000. If you try to charge either of these on the incorrect charger Expect something to go Bang.

ouch.. thanks for the info. i think ill just settle for the MX Duo. ill get a MX1000 next christmas or so (or w/e out at the time)

jnex26 said:
The MX1000 will quite happily comunicate with teh MX700 Docking station. and visa Versa.

HOWEVER.. In caps becuase it's a big however.

NEVER attempt to charge a MX1000 on a MX700 Docking station and Never try to charge a Mx700 on a MX1000 Docking station.

They Battery types are Nicad for the Mx700 and Li-Ion for the Mx1000. If you try to charge either of these on the incorrect charger Expect something to go Bang.
i knew there would be some reason it could not be as easy as just having 1 cradle. And even thought you are mistaken on the type of battery the mx 700 uses you are right NiMH and Li-Ion are not compatable.

While I think that the MX1000 would be a great choice if you are looking for ultra portable I just saw a mouse that Microsoft has out that has a wireless receiver built into the base of the mouse. When you want to use the mouse remove the receiver, plug it into your USB port and your set. When the receiver is plugged into the mouse the mouse turns off.

Back