logitech z680 / spidf problem

ultimate11

n00b
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
48
today i switched from analog to optical , as soon as i plugged everything and went on speaker test only the L & R were working and sub too

center and rears were not working at all.

is this normal because i have a friend who claims that speaker test would just run fine

i even changed the modes on the logitech panel to pl2music and movie still no sound.

is there a way i can get the 5.1 sound back like the analog feature?
 
No, the SPDIF only outputs in two channel PCM.

If you have something like Powerdvd that can decode digital then you can get multichannel audio through SPDIF.

If you need more info let me know, I just kept it brief cause I am tired!!
 
Well I can do the surround speaker test in SPDIF mode on the Chaintech AV-710. Also PL2 mode is post-processing so you should have no problems getting all 5 channels to work. Something isn't right.
 
I have Z-5500 and X-fi and I play Digital Coax on Stereo 2x Mode (Not sure what 680 have)..so 4 channels (not center) + sub just fine. Something doesn't seem correct! What soundcard do you have?

Not sure if that info helps you, just FYI :)
 
You'll need an audio solution that supports Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect to get 5.1 audio over digital connection from anything other than pre-encoded sources.

If your sound card / onboard sound doesn't support these, you'll only get PCM Stereo for games, etc (including your sound test). If it does, make sure the feature is enabled.
 
Back
Top