Logitech Z560 RMA

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently had to RMA my Z560's due to loud hissing and a really loud pop. I called them and they promptly sent out replacements. They at first mentioned it would be Z5500's but upon receiving the shipment, I got 5300e's. Now I've done some research and it seems that the 5300's are inferior to the 560's with the exception of the extra center channel.

Doesn't Logitech have an obligation to replace my 560's with an equivalent or better product?

I must say I am very very disappointed with Logitech's support. I would much rather have my 560's repaired then to use these 5300's.

DaLurker said:
I recently had to RMA my Z560's due to loud hissing and a really loud pop. I called them and they promptly sent out replacements. They at first mentioned it would be Z5500's but upon receiving the shipment, I got 5300e's. Now I've done some research and it seems that the 5300's are inferior to the 560's with the exception of the extra center channel.

Doesn't Logitech have an obligation to replace my 560's with an equivalent or better product?

I must say I am very very disappointed with Logitech's support. I would much rather have my 560's repaired then to use these 5300's.

Mine died 1 month after th warranty was up. I called them and they said "Sorry we can' help you".

Donnie27

If you were told you would get Z-5500's, call them up and complain you didn't get what you were promised. See what they're willing to do, and tell them that you're unhappy with being given inferior speakers as a replacement and exactly why you feel they are inferior to your old ones.

And in the future, I'd get the name of the tech who told you what you'd get. Makes a big difference if you can document (i.e., "At 4:00PM on 11/27/05 I talked with Joe, Employee ID#xx94 who issued me RMA# blahblah and was told by him that your company would..."). It's far more likely to weed out BS and get you what you want.

Back