• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech Z560 control pod problems

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,649
I have owned this set of speakers and have been very happy with it other than the kind of "boomy" sub woofer, however about a year ago I began to notice problems with the control pod. Sometimes the bass would cut off when I would adjust the bass output on the module or other times the speakers would pop really loud if I adjusted the volume past the halfway mark.


I am assuming that there is a short inside but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had trouble with this control pod? Can anything be done to fix these problems?
31R2XD57K9L._AA280_.jpg
 
Don't know about that particular one, but devices like this are extremely prone to developing shorts and such after they're used for a while.

It's often something that can be easily fixed with a soldering iron. But I assume that if you were adept with one, you would have already cracked it open and went looking for things to solder instead of asking. So there's probably not much you can do about it.
 
Well it looks like it is glued shut so and when i start to pry it open i see wires so I don't want to break any connections by opening it.
 
I have not had the problems with the bass cutout but I have in the past year or two had the problem you described as a loud pop when you adjust the volume control. I figured my system was getting old because I have had the system since 2004.
 
Back
Top