Logitech Z5500's - No power?

HitMan-sC

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
987
I've had the Z5500's for about two years now - and I love them! I take them back and forth between home and school a couple of times a year. A week ago, I unhooked them, boxed them up and put them in my trunk. Nothing was on top of the sub or speakers, and all of my other stuff was crammed into the car, so it was basically impossible for the box to move. I get to school, and after I unpacked all my stuff I finally set up my computer and speakers - but now I get no power? I've tried different outlets, but the control unit is not getting any power at all. I checked the fuse, and it's still good. Any ideas?
 
I'm out of warranty... the service rep said the best they can do is give me half off a new set of speakers, which he said would work out to $200? Would it be worth doing that, or taking the subwoofer to get repaired?
 
does the controll unit get power? have you taken it apart / searched (since yoru out of warranty) to so see if there is a blown fuse?

more than likely that is the case.
 
So sorry that warranty ran out... $200 for a new set is pretty good, especially since the cheapest 5500s dont usually sell for that low.

If you like it, I would take it... and sell the broken 5500 on ebay for $50 or something.
 
Sounds like you answered your own question. The PSU is knackered. If when you plug the PSU in listen to it with your ear, if it doesnt buzz then there is your answer.

If you check the amp and voltage rating on the label on the PSU you may be able to buy a replacement from your local electrical retailer ?
 
I have had the same problem twice within 5month, i kept switching them off at the wall at night and one day i got no power, sub didnt get warm or anything, turns out the fuse went its a common problem so i am told, call them up and ask them to send you a new fuse you might have to buy it but i doubt it will be much.

EDIT: how did you check the fuse? i thought mine was fine to, no marks not little rattle and i couldnt see the filament as the fuse was opaque.

I would seriously try a new fuse before anything else unless you have tested it with some real equipment and it says its fine.
 
Back
Top