Logitech Z5500s $158 AR Shipped with Google Checkout @ buy.com

rgratto2

2[H]4U
I realize theres about a million threads for these, but the price dropped more. Buy.com has them for $179.47 now with free shipping. Additionally, use the
5% off coupon to make them $168. If you use google checkout, you should be able to drop them to $158 AR shipped.

...Now I need to call them and hope theyll refund me $20 from buying these yesterday :mad:

Edit: It seems as though you cant use google checkout and the listed 5% off coupon. GC must be one of the "affiliate programs" that the coupon mentions. Thus it looks like the best way to go is with the 5% off coupon for $168 shipped.

How would these compare to the Logitech Z560 's?

I currently have them and they are pretty decent. BTW I am just using onboard sound of my Gigabyte P35-Ds4 Rev 2 motherboard. Can i use the digital connection on the 5500's?

How would these compare to the Logitech Z560 's?

I currently have them and they are pretty decent. BTW I am just using onboard sound of my Gigabyte P35-Ds4 Rev 2 motherboard. Can i use the digital connection on the 5500's?

the z5500's have an optical connection (not sure if that qualifies as digital) but I went from the x230's and I <3 them =D

-after taking a look @ the z560's (I wasn't sure which model they were), I don't think you will be "hearing" too much a difference to justify the cost/upgrade

the z5500's have an optical connection (not sure if that qualifies as digital) but I went from the x230's and I <3 them =D

-after taking a look @ the z560's (I wasn't sure which model they were), I don't think you will be "hearing" too much a difference to justify the cost/upgrade

Thanks yang.
:eek: I meant optical.

Anyone happen to go from the 560's to 5500's and can comment on the sound difference?

We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service.

I can't use google checkout or paypal because of that. Maybe its the 5% off coupon :confused:

We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service.

I can't use google checkout or paypal because of that. Maybe its the 5% off coupon :confused:

Thats weird. It pretty clearly displays it below the price.

You can't use the 5% off coupon and the google checkout. It's one or the other. It's a decent deal either way, but you can't stack them.

wow that pretty sweet free shipping - i did the deal from ClubIT.com as long as they arrive as schedualed via fedex, i will have JUST enough time to mail the rebates off and get my money back

I'm going to use them on my mediapc hooked into my Samsun 46" LCD :) and Xbox360

I've been eyeing these. Almost bought them yesterday for 199 after rebate. Glad I listened to my gut and waited the extra day. :cool:

I realize theres about a million threads for these, but the price dropped more. Buy.com has them for $179.47 now with free shipping. Additionally, use the
5% off coupon to make them $168. If you use google checkout, you should be able to drop them to $158 AR shipped.

...Now I need to call them and hope theyll refund me $20 from buying these yesterday :mad:

Edit: It seems as though you cant use google checkout and the listed 5% off coupon. GC must be one of the "affiliate programs" that the coupon mentions. Thus it looks like the best way to go is with the 5% off coupon for $168 shipped.

Great find. And anyone buying a 2nd or 3rd logitech product (with a few exceptions), should look into the 10% off coupon that's also on that z5500 page. I couldn't find anything cheap enough post shipping to make it worth buying but YMMV.

I almost bit on the clubIT deal, but skipping the extra rebate by getting free shipping put me over the top.

You're gonna need a decent sound card with these or the treble won't sound good.

Great find. And anyone buying a 2nd or 3rd logitech product (with a few exceptions), should look into the 10% off coupon that's also on that z5500 page. I couldn't find anything cheap enough post shipping to make it worth buying but YMMV.

That extra 10% off sounds more like another rebate than an Instant 10% off. I went there, added the Z5500 + a logitech V220 notebook mouse and didn't see the extra 10% with the google check out. The V220 also includes a MIR so that would be a very cool deal.

Here's the link for the 10%... am I doing something wrong or that 10% is not included with GCO?

http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/07Q4/1207-0131kc_logi.pdf

P.S.: Would I be able to get the most out of this system using an Creative SB AUDIGY sound card?

Thanks yang.
:eek: I meant optical.

Anyone happen to go from the 560's to 5500's and can comment on the sound difference?

I bought the 5500s after I blew the amp in the 560s(totally my fault), and the 5500s seem a little clearer at louder volumes and the bass is louder and boomier.

That extra 10% off sounds more like another rebate than an Instant 10% off. I went there, added the Z5500 + a logitech V220 notebook mouse and didn't see the extra 10% with the google check out. The V220 also includes a MIR so that would be a very cool deal.

Here's the link for the 10%... am I doing something wrong or that 10% is not included with GCO?

http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/07Q4/1207-0131kc_logi.pdf

P.S.: Would I be able to get the most out of this system using an Creative SB AUDIGY sound card?

You are, of course, correct. I knew that already, but wrote coupon for some reason.

It doesn't matter, because it's only a factor if theres a 2nd item you want. You'd be hard pressed to find an item that's cheap enough to justify buying it just for the 10% off.

Are these a good replacement for the Z680? Somehow the pod is not accepting command from the remote but the Pod works. Speakers still sound like it was new and loud powerful.

I ordered these Monday afternoon and they arrived this afternoon (Wednesday) with 7-9 day shipping from an in-state warehouse. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.

For those interested, the sub's dimensions are about 13" x 13.5" x 16.5" (w,d,h).

I ordered these Monday afternoon and they arrived this afternoon (Wednesday) with 7-9 day shipping from an in-state warehouse. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.

For those interested, the sub's dimensions are about 13" x 13.5" x 16.5" (w,d,h).

Ordered it Tuesday evening, got it Wednesday evening. :p

Has anyone with the Z-5500 experience hissing from the speakers when setting the volume to zero while connected to any inputs or just utilizing the test feature from the decoder?

Has anyone with the Z-5500 experience hissing from the speakers when setting the volume to zero while connected to any inputs or just utilizing the test feature from the decoder?

Sounds like a loose connection. My PS2 has a failing AV output that causes hissing.

Price went back up...:(

Congrats to all who got in on this deal, these are good little speakers.

I thought the Rebates were for the end of the month, what gives?

Perhaps if someone has kept a copy of the rebates, you can still take advantage of it?

Buy dot com has the rebate that keeps on taking. Make shure that you read the fine print. It will cost you 9.99 a month forever.:eek: I hate buy dot com.

Buy dot com has the rebate that keeps on taking. Make shure that you read the fine print. It will cost you 9.99 a month forever.:eek:

huh?

I thought the Rebates were for the end of the month, what gives?

Perhaps if someone has kept a copy of the rebates, you can still take advantage of it?

The length of the $50.00 rebate varies by retailer.

FWIW, you can still the rebate at Amazon, but the price is $242.xx before the rebate. Shipping is free. Clearly not as good as Buy.com.

Hmmm too bad i can't use it!

I have no room to put it, my computer space is very small. I took it out, try to place it in the little hole but no luck. Packed it back and now sitting in my garage. :mad:

has anyone that ordered after the 19th had speakers ship? By ship, I mean does the UPS tracking number show that they're in transit (or at least that they've been picked up)? Mine has been in a state of "received Billing Information Received" since the day after I ordered them. I wrote Buy.com friday or saturday, but haven't heard jack from them.

I actually ordered this 2 weeks ago from Amazon for $250 free shipping. I immediately had an RMA issued and jumped on this deal on the 18th from buy.com with the 5% extra. 2 days later UPS came and as they dropped off the package the guy said "didn't I just bring you one of these?" and I said, yup here ya go! and handed him the Amazon package all boxed up for him. Free return shipping as well and no restocking fees, gotta love Amazon... sorry to stick it to ya like that, though. :D

I actually ordered this 2 weeks ago from Amazon for $250 free shipping. I immediately had an RMA issued and jumped on this deal on the 18th from buy.com with the 5% extra. 2 days later UPS came and as they dropped off the package the guy said "didn't I just bring you one of these?" and I said, yup here ya go! and handed him the Amazon package all boxed up for him. Free return shipping as well and no restocking fees, gotta love Amazon... sorry to stick it to ya like that, though. :D

After writing and getting no response, I called up today and they said they'll file a claime....but as it stands, it looks like I'll have to wait several days before they'll ship the replacement, which is f*cking stupid. It's lost, so send me a replacement already. Sheesh, I've been waiting a week just for the thing to move beyond UPS saying they've received billing information.

I'd also be less pissed had they responded to the mail i sent from their web page.

Hmmm too bad i can't use it!

I have no room to put it, my computer space is very small. I took it out, try to place it in the little hole but no luck. Packed it back and now sitting in my garage. :mad:

Are you saying you have one for sale cheap??? :eek: ;) :D

After writing and getting no response, I called up today and they said they'll file a claime....but as it stands, it looks like I'll have to wait several days before they'll ship the replacement, which is f*cking stupid. It's lost, so send me a replacement already. Sheesh, I've been waiting a week just for the thing to move beyond UPS saying they've received billing information.

I'd also be less pissed had they responded to the mail i sent from their web page.

They never responded to my email asking if theyd refund my $20. Bitches. By the time I got the info to call them the price changed, so I think I've lost my leverage.

i really wish i jumped on this deal, do you guys think they will have it again sometime soon?

i really wish i jumped on this deal, do you guys think they will have it again sometime soon?

Maybe. If Logitech's FY07 ends on the 12/31, then they're probably motivated to make more sales between now and NYD.

Furthermore, if they have a Z5600 model waiting in the wings, then they'll want to clear out the inventory before the new one comes out.

Truth is, that while this deal was pretty damn [H]ot, a friend bought these 2-3 years ago for roughly $200.00 shipped.

Back