• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech Z5500 sub hum

Swarles

n00b
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
42
I recently moved from the states to Germany and I got my z5500 speakers set up but noticed that once it was powered on (at the sub not through the control unit) it made a type of humming sound. This happens with all the 110v US type electricity jacks that I plug the sub into no matter if anything else is hooked up to the sub at the time.

Now since this wasnt going on when I was living in the States I'm thinking that its because my place has both 110v US jacks and 220v European jacks and there might be some kind of feedback or something going on.

My question is does this sound correct? And if so is there anything I can do about it? I've seen those montercable power strips claiming they clean the power but I am assuming its just bullshit like the rest of their marketing. Do these products actually work? Could you guys recommend anything for me to try?

Any help with this problem would be appreciated as it is now I have to climb under my desk and turn the sub power off so that I can goto sleep without getting annoyed by the damned humming sound. :(
 
I have a similar logitech speaker system and the sub does the same thing. There is a power cable to the sub and a cable the hooks to sub that operates the volume/bass/fade. I have to wiggle and or unplug that cable that operates the volume module and it always fixes it. Hope it works for you too.
 
Tried the cable wiggle, didnt help. This hum happens even when nothing is hooked up to the sub.
 
Back
Top