Logitech Z5500 settings.

deeplove

Limp Gawd
well guys, I bought myself the system but I need help now. I have my 360 and my HD DVR connected to it. The 360 is connected with the Optical while the DVR is connected with the Coaxial. What I need help in is some settings. My room is fairly small. Length is about 10'-12'. The width is about 8' or so. It's pretty much concrete. When I play the movies off the DVR, the voices are pretty low. All of the sudden when a boom goes off it really shakes the apartment.

On the 360, when I play games it's all good. I usually have it about 1/4 on the volume if not less. What settings can I use for a small room in a apartment? Any help is welcomed.

:D

You can lower the bass on your Z-5500 or you can change the setting on your player to night mode or anything that will lower the dynamic range. It is quite normal in a movie when the voice is low and suddenly there goes a boom, an explosion is supposed to be a lot louder than a conversation.

Thanks man. What setting on night mode should I use? Normal or Max? After you mentioned it, I placed it on Normal. The sub seems less powerful now. Not bad. I have it on Vol 6 bars, Sub 2 bars, 6 bars and 6 bars on the surrounds.

Just try and see(or hear) which one you prefer :D . I prefer to have a low voice with a very loud boom because this is what would happen when a bomb explodes near me when I'm talking with someone but I don't think that my neighbours will like it that way.

Grats on the buy :D

I got a z5500 about a month ago and I LOVE this system, I hope you enjoy it too :)

I have my sub on half, center on default, and surround on 7 bars (although I usually run it at 6 or 6.5 bars). I have the surround so high because the rear speakers are about 5 or 6 feet higher than the plane I sit on and they are firing straight ahead, not angled down towards me in any way and our ceilings are sound-canceling. :\ It was the best I could do in a dorm room.

I would love to put the sub on half but man this thing pounds. For the money, I think this is a pretty good. I also have the Klipsch 2.1. I don't really want to compare a 2.1 system to a 5.1 system, but I really like the sounds on this system.

Another question...

I was reading about the diagnostic mode. Now if I have the 360 connected via Optical, it says Dolby Digital. That sounds about right? Is there another setting available for the 360 other than Stereo or Dolby Digital?

With optical/coaxial it will say Dolby Digital/DTS when you are sending a surround sound to the speaker. Pro Logic on the other hand is used to simulate a stereo source into surround.

Back