• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

logitech z5500 hum

Ranulfo

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
5,832
So, I've been getting a hum from the subwoofer on my z5500 set. It gets worse when the speakers are powered on. Headphones plugged in and it works ok but even when gaming its getting annoying. I'll usually hear a "thud"/pop type sound when turning the sub on (main power) or switching between inputs on the control unit. Any ideas on how to fix this? It seems to have started after I moved to my new place a few months back.

TIA
 
So, I've been getting a hum from the subwoofer on my z5500 set. It gets worse when the speakers are powered on. Headphones plugged in and it works ok but even when gaming its getting annoying. I'll usually hear a "thud"/pop type sound when turning the sub on (main power) or switching between inputs on the control unit. Any ideas on how to fix this? It seems to have started after I moved to my new place a few months back.

TIA

It happens on the older models. I had the very first model of the Z-5500. I must have moved it like 10 times and like you I had the hum issue.

The way I made it go away is by wiggling the cable that connects the main panel to the subwoofer. Looks like a VGA cable. You might hear some crackling from your speakers but it should improve the hum noise.
 
Could also be a ground loop issue. Try unplugging things in your room. I had that issue with my sub and unplugging a desk lamp solved it.
 
Back
Top