• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech z5500 control pod nightmare

Cyro44

n00b
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
1
I unplugged a coaxial cable from the back of my TVs set top box without first turning off the speakers and I guess i blew something out in the unit because although it still turns on, it does not detect any audio input on any of the jacks on the back, im sure its not my set top box or the PC.... I guess i ruined something when i unplugged the set top box. Ive tried a hard reset, checking the fuse for continuity(inside the sub), and i opened the unit nothing inside looks burnt. This item is out of warranty and Logitech wont sell me the control pod, i have to pay $400 for another set.

Here is my question? does anyone know if an electrician could repair something like this? The control pod seems to not be totally fried, it seems like just the Jacks were affected somehow. is it worth the hassle? I feel horrible throwing these speakers away.

P.S cant really find a reasonable deal on ebay either.
 
What you are describing is really odd. I've had Logitech send me items for free in the past when things have broken. Speaker stands and small items. Don't know why they can't get you the pod. If you do have to purchase a new set I've seen them for around 300 and at that price the z5500s are a great deal. At 400 I would wait till you see them at 300 again.
 
Keep calling logitech, eventually you'll get hold of someone who will send you the control pod. Logitech is pretty good about this kind of stuff, out of warranty or not.
 
z5500s are worth around 200$ max IMO. Just get a better set of speakers.
 
logitech will tell you that a new pod will not work with your speakers, as the speakers/sub/amp are mated to the pod somehow. can anyone confirm that they received a pod from somewhere like ebay and it worked?
i had my entire speaker set replaced via logitech because of a sub issue, they required me to send in only the control pod, and they sent back a full unopened box set including pod. so now i have a box full of speakers with no pod and my new set.
anyone wanna buy some speakers? lol
 
logitech will tell you that a new pod will not work with your speakers, as the speakers/sub/amp are mated to the pod somehow. can anyone confirm that they received a pod from somewhere like ebay and it worked?
i had my entire speaker set replaced via logitech because of a sub issue, they required me to send in only the control pod, and they sent back a full unopened box set including pod. so now i have a box full of speakers with no pod and my new set.
anyone wanna buy some speakers? lol

I really have a hard time believing that is true, the DB15 connection that goes from the pod to the sub is purely analogue in nature. I think they do it because there have been some failures that point to the possibility that the sub/amp/psu experiences a component failure and sends out of spec voltage to the control pod leading to it failing.
 
Well I have called logitech millions of times to try to get a center speaker stand for my z5500's i would even pay for the thing and they couldnt help me. Cripes Id sellyou my z5500's for 250 just to get rid of them I dont ever use them anymore my better half got tired of yelling over 50 cals :)
 
Back
Top