Logitech Z5500 $250 at Dell - 9/27 only

Pretty good.
Still not quite the $190 i got em for from Dell back in Sep. 2008
Funny, I think they always have them on sale around this time every year.

damn.. i bought the x-540 back a few months ago to replace my aging creative cambridge system. i would have preferred to get a digital capable system so i could connect my xbox 360 to it.

i get nice 5.1 on my pc, i just have to figure out some 5.1 configuration for my 360.

Pretty good.
Still not quite the $190 i got em for from Dell back in Sep. 2008
Funny, I think they always have them on sale around this time every year.

Yeah that is the deal I got in on too... Too bad recently my backlight for the control console died, but that doesn't justify me buying a new one :mad:

when was this thing first introduced? seems like forever since they've updated the flagship...

Yeah that is the deal I got in on too... Too bad recently my backlight for the control console died, but that doesn't justify me buying a new one :mad:

Did you contact logitech? Their customer support is quite good and they might be able to help you out.

I have not tried yet, but it might be worth trying, I'll have to see if I can dig up my receipt

Damn, I've had these speakers since 2005. They've been awesome speakers though. I use them to blast music during grill-outs/parties and stuff because they get extremely loud and still sound good. Of course, they're great for games too :D. Glad to know my speakers still aren't obsolete, heh.

when was this thing first introduced? seems like forever since they've updated the flagship...
Yes, these speakers have lasted longer than the average generation of a car does for an automobile manufacturer! :eek:

I wonder if Logitech has a replacement 5.1 speaker set in the works. Or maybe a 7.1 version as the new flagship speaker set? :confused:

I guess $250 is a decent price, but I got mine for ~$220 in 2005, which also included a cheap Dell printer.

Figures. I spend two weeks looking for deals on speakers. I pull the trigger on this morning (already shipped) and this pops up.

I don't think a replacement is in the works only because these are pretty much the last computer 5.1 sets available.

Figures. I spend two weeks looking for deals on speakers. I pull the trigger on this morning (already shipped) and this pops up.

What did you buy?

Ya, I inquired with Logitech about a year ago about upgrading the control pod to HDMI with lossless audio and they said HDMI licensing was too expensive. Guess that's what happens when there's no competition.

Originally Posted by Demon10000

What did you buy?

Amazon has the Z-2300 for $120 shipped. I don't really have the room for the 5.1 set anyway, so this is really a better fit for half the price. Probably won't sound as good, but it'll be good enough for my wife to watch netflix and listen to CDs while doing her work.

I wouldn't really worry about missing the z-5500 deal, as you're not really missing anything if you don't have room for 5.1 anyway.

Great speakers! I've had mine for 7 years or so and they've never stumbled. Its amazing how effective surround sound is in games like CS or the BF games. I bought mine for about $190 as well, and If they ever drop below $200 again, I'll be getting a set for the bedroom. ... but, I've been saying that for about 5 years now... So maybe they'll never get that low again. $250 is a great price for these if you need speakers.

Doh! I just bought these last week from Amazon, paid just shy of $300. Oh well, free 2 day shipping with Prime trial.

These replaced my Klipsch 2.1's. In my opinion, this set has them beat for sound quality, plus the number of inputs and the control box and remote are outstanding. My Klipsches lasted me 10 years... These will more than likely last me longer, assuming no unfortunate malfunctions (knock on wood). Everything sounds awesome on these speakers... music, movies, video games... They're definitely a fantastic value, I only wish I'd bought them sooner!

Was tempted to buy one last night, though, I held back. Logitech needs to bring out something new!

Back