Logitech Z5300e's Any Good?

Never had your current speakers, but I do have the 5300e's. I do like them, sound great. Listening to music, I turn the sub all the way down usually, but in games, the overly powerful sub just rules ass.
 
I've heard them a couple of times and I didn't like them at all. The mids and highs sound muffled, and the bass is so coarse and overpowering that you've got to keep it turned down to its lowest possible setting to keep it at a sane level. They might be good for gaming because of the 5.1 configuration, but for listening to music they sound awful.

If you're strictly looking to spend under $200 and don't mind only having a 2.1 setup, I recommend looking at the Klipsch Promedia 2.1. While it's not perfect, it's much more musically balanced set than any Logitech set like that could ever hope to be. The bass is pretty good, too. Best Buy carries them and should have a set on display. Head over to a local BB near where you live and give them a listen, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't buy them there, though - you can find some killer deals for them on eBay, sometimes for as low as under $100.

If you don't mind spending $200 even, Costco sells the 2.1 Klipsch iFi speakers for - you guessed it - $200. The iFi's are a souped-up version of the Promedias; they sound much better than the Promedias, have a slick little wireless remote, and come with an iPod dock built in. The build quality is equally impressive; the satellites are encased in metal rather than cheap plastic, and the subwoofer is very, very sturdy. I just received a set of the iFi's as an early Christmas present, and I'm so impressed with their performance that I can't recommend them enough. In terms of sound quality, the iFis would completely blow the Z-5300e's away.

Of course, this is all from the perspective of a guy who doesn't mind gaming with a 2.1 setup. I went from a set of Logitech Z-560's to these, and I don't miss the surround sound in the least; in my opinion, once you get used to it, you start to appreciate having better quality sound to listen to rather than lower quality sound coming at you from all directions.
 
I also have those Logitech Z5300's, I really like them. If you like a lot of bass get these speakers.
 
I loved them until they broke on the way back from college a few days ago. The 5.1 was great and the sound was crisp, the sub hit extremely hard also. I'm sending mine in for RMA, i've had it for a year and 4 months
 
Thanks for all your input, I think I'm going to go ahead with the Z5500's and be done with it, that way theres no buyers remorse.

Sphere
 
I love my Z-5300s. Best affordable 5.1 system I've ever heard. Got mine for $110 shipped when they first came out in 2004 and haven't regretted it since. :D
 
the bass is a bit boomy at times but overall prolly the best bang for buck 5.1 system.
 
well, if you can find a way to shell out another $35-40 over budget, you can get a z-5500 system... I'm using it with my p5w dh deluxe and all i can say is HOLY SHIT... i love this setup... and this is coming from someone who has owned pretty good home theater equipment (Deftech, Mirage BPS-400, Klipsch quintet)...

IMO save up to get the 5500 system if you have the means... such a nice setup.
 
Back
Top