• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Logitech Z-680 Volume Problem

DaMaN841

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 30, 2001
Messages
228
Anyone who has this system, have you had an issue with the volume knob on the control unit. Mine just stopped working all of a sudden, and I contacted Logitech, however they want me to send back the WHOLE package. That's kind of a lot of work, considering I'm at college and all. Anyone know what I can do, or am I stuck? Thanks!
 
I'm not familiar with that setup, but can you open the module easily (and without visible marks in case you do need to ship it back?). Shipping back a speaker setup could cost a chunk of change. Not much to most volume knobs, so if it just suddenly quit it could be a broken solder point, and easily repaired. Good luck.

BTW, I had a wire come lose on my z-540 set, but it was at the sub end. Volume worked with headset, but no sound from speakers. 10 seconds with some solder and it's good as new.
 
That's exactly why I only wanted to send back the module, which would cost a few dollars...I'm not too handy at doing repairs...I might break something even more so, and cry...
 
I REALLY hate to say this, but you could always run to your local bestbuy, snag a set of 680's and see if the new volume module works with your old setup. If it does work, then you could at least tell tech support about your experiment. You would also have some less ethical options at that point as well. Not that I'm pushing them.
 
Aha...I called tech support, and the dude was like, so it works when you use the remote but not the control pod. I'm like yep...he's like, okay, we'll he's the RMA, just send back the pod, and when we get it, we'll ship out a new one. Sweet, I'm Mr. Awesome now!!! Thanks for the help tho bud!
 
Back
Top