• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech Z-5500 - sub length from PC?

steviep

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
4,985
I just bought a set of Z-5500's, however I plan on having them in a very cramped, small computer room (it's practically a closet, hehe)

I was going to get the 5300e's instead, but jumped on the 55's when I saw a deal online (the equivalent of $250 US). Anyway, to make a long story short, I've read that the 5500's need to be a certain amount of space away from your box due to the magnetic fields, and that there's even a label on them warning you to do so. My question - how far does this have to be? I thought I remember reading 2 feet away, but I just wanted to be sure. Since this room is so small/cramped, the absolute furthest I can manage to fit these things in here away from eachother is approximately 2 feet (just a tiny, tiny bit less than 2 feet, I think... but it may be a tiny bit more as well - I'd have to measure again). Any feedback? Don't want to destroy my HDs :p
 
You should be fine. Really, they just don't want you to put the sub right next to a component that is sensitive to EMF. If your sub is almost 2 feet from your system, you don't have anything to worry about.
 
Alright thanks. I should've mentioned... I have to move my desks and UPS units around in order to get it 2 feet away from me, though, which WILL be a huge pain in the ass. My current subwoofer sits almost right next to my tower (it's only a 40-ish watter) and I've had no ill effects in many years. I probably shouldn't just replace the 5500 sub in the same place, right? :)
 
Back
Top