Logitech Z-2300 woes

Nihilanth99

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
3,564
Are my ears plugged beyond belief, or do these speakers honestly sound terrible?! I was at Fry's Electronics and decided to pick these up, figuring they were a safe purchase considering the price point, THX certification, and the fact that a friend of mine was extremely satisfied with his Z-5500s. I'll be the first to admit, consumer whoring got the best of me here; I did not research the product before spending the money. It should be known that this was to be an upgrade from an old set of Creative Inspire Slim 2600s, which I paid $50 or so for way back when they were released, and the source is an analog output from a Creative X-Fi.

For the money, I'm just staggered at how poor the highs and mids are. They literally sound like my alarm clock radio at times. I found the bass a substantial improvement over what I had, though. All of my EQ lines are flat, just as I had with the Creatives. My attempts to correct some of the awfulness with EQ tweaking proved fruitless.

Do these things need to be broken in similar to headphones?

Just thought I'd share my frustrations and/or, perhaps, find out if I'm doing something catastrophically wrong.
 
A lot of z-2300 buyers have the same impression you had... although it could be something else... (hooked up wrong... faulty speakers... )

The Klipsche Promedia 2.1's are a common recommendation - has better mid/highs than the z-2300.. more musical, and still got a good bass punch. Great overall speakers for music/movies/gaming..

Swans 2.1 is one step more - better highs, luscious mids... a little weak on the bass if you want to shake walls though.
 
I think I'll be returning these on Thursday and replacing them with a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1s. Now I can only hope for a complete refund!
 
Back
Top