• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

logitech x-540

likenew

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
146
I've had these for a few years, and they are ok, though I'm also using just a cheapo sound blaster audigy se card so as to not use the on board sound. Will these speakers make use of a better card? I've heard great things from HT Omega and kinda want to take the leap for my next build =-). Whats your take on HT as well? Suggestions?
 
I'm not an expert, but I went from an onboard sound card to an Asus Essence STX with the x-540 speakers. There is a huge difference in music and in games that even an audio-luddite like me can appreciate. I'm going to get Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1 or the new Corsair speakers at the end of the month though.
 
The promedia's have a "digital hybrid amplifier" how does it sound going straight to onboard? I am debating a few purchases and was going to try to avoid getting a soundcard.
 
Very nice, I hope they come out with a 5.1 system, and for $100 or so less =-)
 
Back
Top