• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech X-540 squeaky mice-like sound

weemanbran

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
36
So I have had the X-540's for about 6 months and noticed some squeaking/mice type sound out of the main center speaker. I eventually fixed the issue by changing the settings from stereo to 5.1 speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager and the noise was gone. This was all on 32bit XP pro and I have recently reformatted to 64bit Windows 7 and the issue is back. During music I can hear it at times, but it is most noticeable during quiet times during movies.

No matter what I do, I can't get rid of this annoying sound. I have tried the Realtek drivers on the DFI website http://www.dfi.com.tw/portal/CM/cmp...sWindow?action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view as well as the drivers on the Realtek website http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I also tried the default settings in Windows 7 and changed my speaker setting to 5.1 and I still hear the noise.

Any ideas? Screw on-board and get a sound card?
 
Interference from some other component on the motherboard (my mobo has a bad trace that makes the speakers squeal whenever I use a scroll bar (but not the mouse wheel, it's weird). A sound card will fix this.
 
Use another audio source (mp3 player, another sound card, etc.) to determine if it's the speakers or the realtek chipset.
 
Back
Top