• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech X 540 or Asus Cine5?

epodn

n00b
Joined
Apr 5, 2010
Messages
9
Hi guys, I would like to purchase a set of real 5 channel speaker system and my budget is under $150. And according to my own survey, there are two models lasting for my final choice: Logitech X 540 and Asus Cine5, has any of you used these two products? Please share some comments by this weekend (becuz I will act on this Sunday)

Also note that my study room is not very large so I’m hesitate about getting many bulky speakers like X540, but in the meantime still wondering how Cine5’s surround and bass sounds like. Could anyone kindly provide some idea? Thanks in advance.
 
The Cine5 suck. Big time. They are the worst speakers in the History of Western Civilization.
 
I currently have the X540's and I have to say I'm really disappointed with them. If you can raise your budget by another $100 and change Amazon has the Logitech Z-5500 on for like $270 after a $50 MIR. Those are the 5.1 speakers I'm looking to upgrade to once I get the cash. The Z-5500's are the truth, my roommate has them and I feel so very inferior to him with my crappy sounding X540's in the next room :p Logitech makes fantastic products, but they really dropped the ball on the X540's IMO.

If you do go with the X540's though don't pay the standard $100+ retailers want for them...I got them on sale for $80 and even that was overpaying for them in my opinion. Look on eBay or Craiglist and you should be able to find a complete set for ~$50. I wouldn't pay over $60 for them.
 
Sell him yours, did not mean to give the impression that logitech audio products where worth having.
 
Sell him yours, did not mean to give the impression that logitech audio products where worth having.

Don't worry you didn't give him that impression. I did. And as I'm currently without the funds to buy a new set of speakers, I would sell him mine, but the price I'd have to ask would be too high to be fair/realistic so I won't even make the offer :p
 
Don't worry you didn't give him that impression. I did. And as I'm currently without the funds to buy a new set of speakers, I would sell him mine, but the price I'd have to ask would be too high to be fair/realistic so I won't even make the offer :p

"He" is an Asus salesman; they populate this forum with the same damn thread every week.
 
I have the Logitech X-530s and I am rather impressed with them. Bass is amazing considering the size of the sub. For the money they are great!
 
Back
Top