logitech x-530's

Bowtie_guy

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
85
I have the 5.1 surround sound and when I go into my sounds configuration in the control panel to test my speakers they all work but when I try to listen to music, or anything for that matter, only two speakers work and the sub. and yes I have 8 channel audio.
 
I have to set my audio to do a Clone mode, otherwise only my fronts and sub get the audio.
 
Bowtie,

That's because music is recorded in stereo which means 2 channel.

You would have to apply an artificial software to it to upmix to 5 channel.
 
Is there a "Speaker Fill" enhancement setting somewhere in the Sound options in the Control Panel? If so, turn it on; that's what I had to do when I was in a similar situation.
 
I have an Nvidia Sound Panel, as my board has NForce sound. So I use that control panel, not just the windows default control panel.
 
Back
Top