• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech x-530's any good?

Shadow27

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
646
Hey,

I'm looking at getting a set of these speakers. Does anyone have a set and tell me about the sound quality for music, dvd and games? Or should i just save more and get the Logitech 5300E's which are about double the price?

Thanks in advance :)

Shadow27
 
what kinda music do you listen to, are you an audiophile and care about high quality audio? X-530s are $55~ shipped brand new. great speakers for the price and still nothing near earth shattering
 
I wouldn't say i'm an audiophile but i do know when something sounds cack or not :) I listen to all sorts of music really. I wish i had the opportunity to listen to these speakers before i go and buy them, because what sounds good to me may not sound good to someone else.

Would i be better to save more and get the next model up, the 5300's?
All i want is clear audio that isn't tinny with some decent bass because these speakers will be going into a smallish room.

Thanks
Shadow27
 
I have the x530s and I must say they are pretty good for the money. They have good sound quality, and the bass is very nice (it holds up to parliament at full bass :D ). Definately consider getting these if want to save money.
 
gor 55 bucks..u cant go wrong..if ya dont like them..return them...but at my local bestbuy in california..they have these for test..ya should go check ur's
 
I'm in Australia so no chance of a bestbuy near me unfortunately :D

Alowishus, could you tell me how they sound in music and dvd's etc? Have you had the opportunity to compare them to something else?

Thanks
Shadow27
 
Shadow27 said:
I'm in Australia so no chance of a bestbuy near me unfortunately :D

Alowishus, could you tell me how they sound in music and dvd's etc? Have you had the opportunity to compare them to something else?

Thanks
Shadow27

I have the X-530s, and for the price they're excellent. The subwoofer produces a really clean bass, not the "farty" bass Logitech speaks have been known for. The sattelites themselves produce excellent sound even up to ear-damaging volume as long as your audio source and sound card are good.

Music really allows these puppies to shine. They produce great sound as long as you use CDs or good bitrate media files (192kbps, no less). Bass is accurate and powerful.

DVDs sound great on these too. I've actually never heard them in 5.1 because I've never got the chance to set them up in surround (just settled and skimmed down to 2.1, stored the other speakers away for now). Boondock Saints was the first DVD I saw on these, and it was eye opening in comparison to hearing it from a television.

So in a nutshell, they're great, but if you're not on a tight budget, up your ante a little and get something better.
 
Compared to high end speakers, the x530s dont sound as nice, but they sound good enough to be worth the cash (I dont realy want to spend 200 on speakers). They sound great with video games and dvd movies in 5.1 mode. They're also great with music.
 
my x-530's are wonderful, couldn't be happier, especially for the price!
 
You won't find a better 5.1 set for the money. The balance of these speakers is completely uncharacteristic of Logitech's past offerings. Very linear and tight sounding speakers.
 
I got my X-530's after I went to my brothers house and he had UT2K4 just blasting loud.
I asked him what he had because it sounded really clear at that volume, and he said
the x-530's.

Got mine for $50 shipped on Amazon a 2 months ago and I am very pleased
 
I had $10 crap stereo computer speakers, and switched to a set by Accent Accoustics that OD had on sale. At the time I thought it was great - which by comparison, it was.

The AA speakers being cheap crap, and me having a clumsy friend over, met with a bit of an accident. The Logi X-530s were on sale for 40 or thereabouts at the time so I moved up a notch in quality again. Suddenly they were the ones that were awsome, and the sound from the AA speakers sounded much worse than I'd originally thought. Now that I've had the X-530s a while, I'm starting to perceive their limits.

Point being - it all depends on what you're used to.
 
my girlfriend has those 530's they sound surprisingly good for the price.
 
Back
Top