• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech X-530 5.1 setup = good

revenant

[H]F Squad Captain
2FA
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
17,159
Color me impressed... I wanted a sub $100 5.1 setup for my gaming rig, something which would sound, good, but doesn't have to be "home theater" quality... and the X-530 delivers... very well priced @ $79.99 (Compoooosa) also. I had to mess with the creative EQ to get the mids and highs adjusted right, but over all, not bad... I have some JBL creatures on my other machine, which are awesome, but honestly, after listening to them both and playing with the EQ, I got the logitechs to sound just about as good... and I think the bass might even be better on the X-530's! ..well, this is all relative to my taste.. anyways... the surround is really nice for Doom3 and similar games... bullets flying behind you, etc... environmental sounds really emerse you in the game a lot more. I think 5.1 (or better 6.1 or 7.1) surround is an eventual "must" if you are a die-hard gamer and want the "full effect". :) Just my $0.02.
 
Congrats. I own the same set of speakers. X-530's. I bought mine for 89.99 though a while back. I love them so.
 
I love the X-530 as well, great quality for me. It only cost me $50 brand new ;) Well worth it.
 
I used to own the X-530s. Then I switched to a pair of Fosgate FA51.0s. I have to say, the Logi's held out well, but it's hard to listen to them anymore in comparison to my Fosgates. I think it's the lack of any lows at all from the sattalites that bothers me overall. You just become so used to the bass coming from the same source and it screws with you. I cant wait until I get my sub for these babies... :D

All in all, untrained ears will love the X-530s. I know mine did back in the day.
 
so_cal_forever said:
I used to own the X-530s. Then I switched to a pair of Fosgate FA51.0s. I have to say, the Logi's held out well, but it's hard to listen to them anymore in comparison to my Fosgates. I think it's the lack of any lows at all from the sattalites that bothers me overall. You just become so used to the bass coming from the same source and it screws with you. I cant wait until I get my sub for these babies... :D

All in all, untrained ears will love the X-530s. I know mine did back in the day.

Yeah - I have a nice home theater setup, with Paradigm speakers and a Yamaha RXV (THX) amp, etc... and I can sure tell the difference at first, when I go back to back, but after time, I get used to the X-530's sound I guess... so I guess what I am trying to say is, my ears sort of untrain easily and quickly. lol. plus it's mostly for games. :)

For the price, that are really good. Glad to see other's enjoying them also. w00t. :)
 
Back
Top