• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Logitech Wireless Mice - Stuttering

chicagorcf

n00b
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
14
Over the last year or so, I have had massive issues with stuttering with Logitech Wireless mice. I had the MX revolution where the stuttering got so bad, that I opened a support ticket with Logitech and even though the mouse was under warranty, they sent me a brand new Performance MX (great support). I have been using this new mouse for a bit now and the same stuttering.

I have tried both mice with and without the Setpoint software but to no avail. My rig is nothing odd (Win 7 x64). I have tried moving my wireless router across the room and that doesn't help either.

What is odd is that I plugged my $20 MS wireless intellimouse in and I get zero stuttering. It works flawless atually. Anyone have any issues like this or suggestions? I'd hate to shelve this $100 MX but the stuttering is killing me.

Thanks!
 
Do you have a wireless card anywhere near the usb dongle? If so, that could be causing the interference.
 
Is there an update for your USB drivers ?

I had problems with a logitech wireless keyboard a long time ago (all that totally unrelated to your case), and I found this software when looking for a solution (did not help my case, but might help yours) : http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
This should show you if a piece of harware is causing some delay. I'm not an expert at all but it might give you a hint as to what is going on.
 
I had the same problem only really noticed it in games.
What fixed it for me was to get a USB extension cord and plug the receiver into it and place it right by the keyboard and mouse.
YMMV - but worth a shot!
 
I had the same problem only really noticed it in games.
What fixed it for me was to get a USB extension cord and plug the receiver into it and place it right by the keyboard and mouse.
YMMV - but worth a shot!

Similar issue here.

I have the MX3200 set and if the receiver is plugged directly into the back of my PC, I have the same problem. As soon as I use the extension cable that came with it, it works flawlessly.
 
Back
Top