Logitech vs. Apple

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
which keyboard would you guys get?

Logitech Elite: http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=property&item=23-126-114

Logitech Ultra X: http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=property&item=23-126-135

or Apple Keyboard: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...o/bT4vt4trdgZO2R3mtphGaAA9SyQ/4.0.11.1.0.6.12

are the Apple keyboards compatible w/ windows machines? and if they are, do the additional Apple buttons work (eject, etc)?

i like the Elite. i have the wireless version downstairs. but my desk here isnt all that big. and the Ultra X is nice. im using a laptop, so itd be cool to use a laptop keyboard. i like the feel of it, but i also like the Elite. ive never used an Apple keyboard, but i hear great things about them.

which would you guys get? price sorta plays a relatively big factor, w/ prices at 22$, 26$, and 30$ respectively. its just a keyboard, so i dont want to pay a load just for the keyboard. just wanted your guys' opinions.

The apple keyboard. Then again, i'm partial because I work soley on macintosh computers :D

and yes it's compatible with windows xp.

so the apple keyboard shortcuts will also work on windows machines, correct?
are they comfortable? i havent heard much about them.

that liteon seems quite nice, esp for the price. i really like my logitechs, though :p maybe ill buy that for my workbench. ive been looking for a new keyboard for the bench.

i was looking at saitek, but theyre always too expensive. how much is that keyboard? its not a chiefvalue. im not gonna spend more than 30$ for a KB.

klowngoblin said:
MS or Logitech Bluetooth KB+Mouse
please read: money is a relatively large issue.

im not even goin to think about dropping money on a KB over 50$. 30$ is my limit. and i already have a mouse. this is pertaining to the KB.

please read the whole thread before posting retarded recommendations.

TSS Modder said:
so the apple keyboard shortcuts will also work on windows machines, correct?
I don't think so. Pretty sure that's OS dependent.

Lethal said:
I don't think so. Pretty sure that's OS dependent.
well if thats the case (thats what i assumed, but wasnt sure of) then i wont even bother w/ the apple keyboard.

that leaves teh logitech Elite and Ultra X and any other good recommendations.

Ballz2TheWallz said:
i got a $5 lite-on and itss the best keyboard ive ever used
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-120&depa=0
I own the same keyboard and for the price it does its job well.

Pros:
Cheap
Works
Pretty

Cons:
Lite and slides around on ya sometimes
clunky, sharp, stiff, keys
Not great

The two most importain things on a computer besides good reliable hardware/software is:
1. Monitor...your always looking into it.
2. Keyboard...your always typing.
3. mouse your always navigating and clicking.
So don't go cheap with any of those.

coffee33 said:
...The two most importain things on a computer besides good reliable hardware/software is:
1. Monitor...your always looking into it.
2. Keyboard...your always typing.
3. mouse your always navigating and clicking.
So don't go cheap with any of those.
thats what i always say. but going cheap and saving money are two different things. like that liteon board may be going cheap, but the logitech for only 22$ is saving money.

so that leaves the Elite and Ultra X, unless anyone has any others to add. what are your guys' opinions on the 2 logitechs?

i like the Elite's extra keys (im a button whore), but i really like the feel and sleekness of the Ultra X, since its a laptop keyboard.

ill probably end up getting the Ultra X, but id like more opinions.

TSS Modder said:
thats what i always say. but going cheap and saving money are two different things. like that liteon board may be going cheap, but the logitech for only 22$ is saving money.

so that leaves the Elite and Ultra X, unless anyone has any others to add. what are your guys' opinions on the 2 logitechs?

i like the Elite's extra keys (im a button whore), but i really like the feel and sleekness of the Ultra X, since its a laptop keyboard.

ill probably end up getting the Ultra X, but id like more opinions.
Hehe, I just realized I said Two not three heheh...well I'm retarded heh. :p

My favorite keyboards are made by IBM. They make a variety of keyboards, including a "travel" keyboard which uses the exact same keyboard as in their Thinkpad notebooks. I've got a 104-key keyboard that is very compact. It measures about 18" wide by 6.5" deep, yet features full-sized keys that have a good feel to them. Oh, and no annoying F-lock!

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/accessories/keyboards.html

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=23-107-123&depa=0

Awesome keyboard. I have the 1788, but it is out of stock ATM. This keyboard is great, and not for the price; The build quality is great, it is light but sturdy, and extremely silent... And if it breaks... BUY A NEW ONE! :p

Edit- Didn't notice it was already posted. But this keyboard is so great it deserves it! The only negatives would be that the lights are a bit dim during the day.

TSS Modder said:
well see what happens. besides, the chances of me breakin a keyboard are almost none... :p
Wiggles tips of fingers as he puts keyboard break curse on you! :D

coffee33 said:
Wiggles tips of fingers as he puts keyboard break curse on you! :D
ill come over there and beat you with my Microsoft staff... all 3000 of those little demons...

I've used the Elite and the Mac keyboard(im on it now) and really they're both the best in different ways.

The mac keyboard is WAY more comfortable, easier to use of long periods of time and just generally nicer. The volume keys work without any extra software but the eject button doesnt. Also, you lose Print-Screen but that can be fixed with a registery edit. I can type about 85wpm on this keyboard. It also works as a USB hub without extra drivers (its got 2 usb ports in the back of it)

The Elite will make you type faster, simple as that, cause the travel is very short. The problem stems from the drivers for it which all suck ass. Its probably a better board for speed typing, i had an elite for about a week(long story) and i was typing at about 95 - 100 wpm.

Basically, the mac keyboard is a better choice for 95% of things unless you use print-screen alot and cant be bothered registry editing. The Elite is good if you want the fastest possible keyboard but the drivers for it suck ass. Lastly, the mac one looks nicer :)

My opinion, buy the mac keyboard.

the elite doesnt require drivers, does it? i have the MX Duo downstairs, and thats been reformatted a few times w/o any logitech driver reinstalls. to my knowledge, everything still works. then again, i never use any of the shortcut keys.

the only reason id get the elite is because its the cheapest. the apple looks nice, but its also the most expensive. im still not sure.... keep the ideas flowing, fellas!!

Back