• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech V20 & V10 Crackling when used with Notebook

llmercll

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,369
I have an HP dv4 1275mx notebook and when I use my usb speakers (the logitech v20, or v10), both of them, after about 5 minutes of audio playback, start crackling. They work fine on my desktop and other laptop, so I don't believe they are defective. The crackling only occurs when there is sound coming out of them, and does not occur when the laptop is running off it's own speakers.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

thanks!
 
I played with it some more today and found that if I switched the "default format" under advanced settings for the speakers to 16bit FM radio quality, the crackling was significantly reduced, if not eliminated.

Any more ideas? I'm surely losing quality by doing this...still, it beats the crackle

thanks!
 
Back
Top