Logitech Switch Issues

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Staff member
After literally decades of using Logitech peripherals I'm incredibly disappointed that I've had two G903's go bad on me in a row and their support has gone from being the best to some of the worst. I haven't really shopped the other companies in awhile, is anyone making a really quality wireless gaming mouse these days?

Reactions: N4CR
like this
After literally decades of using Logitech peripherals I'm incredibly disappointed that I've had two G903's go bad on me in a row and their support has gone from being the best to some of the worst. I haven't really shopped the other companies in awhile, is anyone making a really quality wireless gaming mouse these days?
If you like the mouse replacing their cheap switches is pretty easy and very inexpensive. I replaced the Chinese-made Omrons in both of my G5s with Japanese-made Omrons when one of the switches started flaking out, cost me less than $5 and took MAYBE 15 minutes from start to finish. I just looked at a teardown of the 903 and it should be even easier since the switches are on their own daughter boards - might take you more time in disassembly but it should be a very easy task. I've been using this "form factor" for over a decade, and I have yet to find any other mouse that I can adapt my grip to. If you like the mouse it might be worth the $2 to replace the switches.

If you can live with the software, the Razer Viper Wireless is pretty damn good. Ambi shape, good texture, weight in the 70s, comes with a dock. You can play with the wired model on display at Best Buy to see if you like the shape. Logitech is really shitting the bed on switches at such a high price point.

Is it the double click with the single click issue as well as the click and hold to drag something and it lets go?

If you like the mouse replacing their cheap switches is pretty easy and very inexpensive. I replaced the Chinese-made Omrons in both of my G5s with Japanese-made Omrons when one of the switches started flaking out, cost me less than $5 and took MAYBE 15 minutes from start to finish. I just looked at a teardown of the 903 and it should be even easier since the switches are on their own daughter boards - might take you more time in disassembly but it should be a very easy task. I've been using this "form factor" for over a decade, and I have yet to find any other mouse that I can adapt my grip to. If you like the mouse it might be worth the $2 to replace the switches.

are these them?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-OMRON-J...263407?hash=item3d98c837ef:g:3RAAAOSwXk1d59th

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's what I ordered: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01F/SW502-ND/83266
No idea if the ones you linked would cause any trouble (and depending on the model of your mouse they might be the right ones.) I just looked for the Japanese equivalent to the switches in my G5 and G500 mice. I can only confirm that the ones I linked work perfectly in a G5 or G500 since those are the only two models I've done.

**EDIT** according to this guy the switches I linked are the right ones for the G903 as well. I took a look at the datasheet for the D2F series and I'm not seeing the D2F-F-3-7 designation, so these might be custom part numbers ordered by a brand. They *might* be identical, but they might not. I don't really know.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Exactly my thoughts.

When the OEM Omron 50M switches on my G903 started glitching whenever I click and hold/drag, I ordered Omron Japan switches and an extra pair of daughter boards from eBay so I can easily switch between Omron D2F-01 and D2F-01F switches to test them out. The only part of the process that gave me some trouble was de-soldering but I eventually got the hang of it.

I settled with D2F-01 rather than the D2F-01F because I prefer the feel of the stiffer, more tactile button press and the sound of the D2F-01.

I have been using SteelSeries mouse from last 1 year and must say it has a great Flawless sensor: TrueMove3 with Attractive RGB and Great shape for right-handed use.

Here's what I ordered: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/omron-electronics-inc-emc-div/D2F-01F/SW502-ND/83266
No idea if the ones you linked would cause any trouble (and depending on the model of your mouse they might be the right ones.) I just looked for the Japanese equivalent to the switches in my G5 and G500 mice. I can only confirm that the ones I linked work perfectly in a G5 or G500 since those are the only two models I've done.

**EDIT** according to this guy the switches I linked are the right ones for the G903 as well. I took a look at the datasheet for the D2F series and I'm not seeing the D2F-F-3-7 designation, so these might be custom part numbers ordered by a brand. They *might* be identical, but they might not. I don't really know.

I have Japanese D2F-01's in both one of my two G903's and one of my two G502's. I like the 150g switches the best.
I threw some Honeywell .74N (75g) switches in my second G502 and it works but it definitely feels weird. Clicks seem a bit lighter than the stock Omrons too.

Panasonic AH1480619 (75g) and 1460619' (150g)'s work too but good luck finding 146's anywhere. Cherry ZF switches seem to only be available on ebay or aliexpress.

That’s interesting. I have g502s for many. My ears now without an issue ... but can’t say that about Logitech’s keys. They fall apart just by looking at them.

Back