Logitech Silent Mouse Lag

Jellyfishpudding

Limp Gawd
Lately I've been enjoying the silence of mice and landed Logitech's new M330, whose build is identical to the Triathlon. Its form is close enough to perfect for my grip, but its lag issues are concerning. Unless you think otherwise, I'm chalking it up to a poor sensor. Either that of the hard Corsair mouse pad I'm using isn't being registered effectively. My little BlueTrack Microsoft mouse is as smooth as silk, so there do not seem to be system issues hogging its ability to perform.

What do you think? Get a replacement mouse? I'm seeing lag when using it on the slick wood grain desktop finish, so I'm hesitant to buy a new pad. I could go with the Triathlon, but I fear it's using the same sensor (its the same DPI). Any recommendations for things to try or do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Eddie

I'm not sure what kind of settings they let you do with that mouse, with Logitech's high end mice you can set lift distance and battery saving/performance modes. Those would have a pretty big effect.

1. IMO, MS bluetrack is he best sensor out there. Tracks on anything (yes, I've used it on my face) & doesn't get bogged down by hair/lint. You might be spoiled by the sensor.
  2. The bluetooth/wireless technology in mice aren't created equally. Generally speaking, the smaller the USB chip is, the less reliable and more range limited they become. If you bought one of the ones designed for laptops & the chips sits nearly flush with the usb port, expect its performance to very limited. The m330 has a 'Nano receiver', I'm guessing it is pretty limited.
  3. Some of the bluetooth mice use power saving tricks that shut the connectivity off after a second or two of inactivity. So you will get an initial delay when you try to use it again. Although the m330 is not bluetooth, it does claim a 2 year charge on the battery - I'd assume it uses an aggressive powerdown profile.

4. If you are using a hub or front ports for the USB chip, try moving it to the motherboard connectors.

1. IMO, MS bluetrack is he best sensor out there. Tracks on anything (yes, I've used it on my face) & doesn't get bogged down by hair/lint. You might be spoiled by the sensor.
  2. The bluetooth/wireless technology in mice aren't created equally. Generally speaking, the smaller the USB chip is, the less reliable and more range limited they become. If you bought one of the ones designed for laptops & the chips sits nearly flush with the usb port, expect its performance to very limited. The m330 has a 'Nano receiver', I'm guessing it is pretty limited.
  3. Some of the bluetooth mice use power saving tricks that shut the connectivity off after a second or two of inactivity. So you will get an initial delay when you try to use it again. Although the m330 is not bluetooth, it does claim a 2 year charge on the battery - I'd assume it uses an aggressive powerdown profile.

4. If you are using a hub or front ports for the USB chip, try moving it to the motherboard connectors.

bluetrack is great, to bad found in only cheap ass mice.

bluetrack gaming mouse would be a day one purchase for me.

bluetrack is great, to bad found in only cheap ass mice.

bluetrack gaming mouse would be a day one purchase for me.

It really isn't that special. Logitech's high end laser mice can track on a glass window. Although considering microsoft owns logitech it might be the same tech.

It really isn't that special. Logitech's high end laser mice can track on a glass window. Although considering microsoft owns logitech it might be the same tech.

Those high end avago lasers tend to be junk. Most gamers complain about them having built in acceleration that cannot be turned off. Not to mention logitech software is junk as well which induces lag itself into the mouse.

My favorite gaming sensor of all time was the infared sensor in the one razer mouse.

I'm not surprised. I've had similar experiences with more recent wireless mice from Logitech. If the receiver is more than two or three feet from the mouse, mine never work right. The cursor will skip and never tracks smoothly. Button presses won't always register either. The Logitech G602 is one of the best wireless mice I've ever used in regard to ergonomics, battery life and button layout. Sadly, the receiver sucks ass. Mine is useless unless it's plugged into the USB port on my K70 keyboard.

Back