Logitech Prodigy G403 vs Pro

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Thinking of getting a Logitech Pro gaming mouse at $35, but I am also looking at the G403 for the same price. I am currently using a G400S and have come to like the shape. Is the grip on the G403 better for those of us that like wider non-ambi shape? Or is there any reason I should get a Pro over the G403? The specs mostly seem the same including the same sensor. Is the Pro essentially the same mouse as the G403 with a different shape? Intended use is for gaming/everything.

Internals are identical. But the the buttons will feel a bit different due to that as well, even though internally its the same switches and metal spring tensioning system on m1/m2. Side buttons for example will have slightly more travel.

The G Pro is lighter also because of the shell differences. The G403 is said to be unbalanced for a lot of grips without the weight in (forward heavy otherwise), so the real weight difference might be closer to 15g vs 5g.

But at the end its really just which external shell you prefer.

I wouldn't assume that all ergo mice feel the same or all ambi mice feel the same. The only true way to tell is first hand really. Especially with ergo mice, some the minute differences can be rather noticeable.

Old post, but I am going to bump this. Been using the Pro for a few weeks and just bought a G403. My dislikes of the Pro are the following:

1) Right click seems too sensitive. Even after using it for some weeks, I am still accidentally clicking every now and then.
2) My smallest finger hangs off the side a bit too much. I like the small size, but it just seems a bit too small.
3) Mouse wheel seems to be getting a bit worn out. I may scroll a bit and release it, only for it to roll back up/down. It is a mechanical wheel though.

Otherwise I really like the mouse. But the right clicks being too sensitive were getting to me so I had to try the G403. My dislikes of the G403:

1) A bit too big. Feels a lot like the G400S, although a bit lighter. I wish the hump was a bit more recessed. I am finding I do best in shooters with a claw-ish grip, and it seems harder for me to get a firm hold on this mouse.
2) Side buttons are too big and loud; they feel more tactile and on Pro.

The G403's scroll wheel seems to have a bit more slop in it, which I think may be good. Overall, hard to choose which I prefer. I suppose the G403 is an average sized mouse and just feels large after using the Pro for a few weeks. A lot of things I like about each, which is making it hard to choose.

Not really a proper or indepth review, but I suppose others may find it helpful.

There's some QC inconsistency with these mice which affects the feels of the clicks and wheels.

The wheels on both should be mechanically the same (same mechanical encoder). LMB/RMB will differ a bit due to the design. Differing LMB/RMB on the same mouse for the G Pro seems to be a common QC issue.

The G403 is an average sized mouse but the profile is relatively tall so it feels more "full" in the hand which might make it seem larger as well.

There's some QC inconsistency with these mice which affects the feels of the clicks and wheels.

The wheels on both should be mechanically the same (same mechanical encoder). LMB/RMB will differ a bit due to the design. Differing LMB/RMB on the same mouse for the G Pro seems to be a common QC issue.

The G403 is an average sized mouse but the profile is relatively tall so it feels more "full" in the hand which might make it seem larger as well.

Exchanged the Pro G for a new one today. Side by side the scroll wheel between the G403 and this new G Pro (and even the old one) feel very different. The Pro feels heavier and more mechanical, for lack of a better term. Side by side with the G400, the G403 seems a bit taller. Or at least the hump on the G400 seems to get shorter quicker on the right side.

Fairly hard to decide which I want to use long term. Some things I like about both, dislike about either.

Where do you get your mice? Those are good prices. I bought the G-Pro from Logitech.com back in December when they were selling the "Battlefield Edition" for ~$45 -- the color of my middle button doesn't top my list of concerns.

I've read a lot of reviews and comments from owners of the G-Pro and the most frequent complaints I've observed are as follows:
  1. Both the left- and right-click buttons are very sensitive, which would be particularly bothersome if clicks are triggered by fingers in a resting position atop the buttons. These buttons are clearly designed to be very sensitive to clicks. Are they too sensitive? As with many things, what works well for some may not work so well for others. Caveat emptor. I haven't used my mouse for long enough to give it a fair critique, but so far the sensitivity of the LMB or RMB hasn't been problem. I'm more concerned about accidentally clicking the little side buttons.
  2. The middle mouse button has a ridiculously high actuation force to the point of being useless for anything more than an infrequent click. This I can confirm beyond a shadow of doubt. I have several games and applications that rely heavily on the middle mouse button for controlling the camera that would be unusable without remapping the button.
Logitech recently released the G203 Prodigy, which seems to have the body of the Pro, but slightly cheaper internals.

My problem is that I've been using a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical for too long, and I've gotten used to the shape. Its main drawback is that it's no longer made and it needs an updated sensor. I just want a simple but reliable 3-button mouse that's comfortable to use. I miss the days of gaming-agnostic hardware.

nixeus revel is the perfect fit for a WMO 1.1 fan

my g403 has a very sensitive left click as well :/

Where do you get your mice?

Best Buy had them for $35. I decided against it, but at the last minute wanted to give them a try when Amazon/newegg sold out, and Best Buy only had a single Pro. I ended up keeping it as I could not do a 1 for 1 exchange for the G403. The sensitive clicks are not bad for gaming when you're alert, but when you're resting your hands and putting the weight of your finger at rest above it you may get that accidental click. I have to say, it seems like it has broken in and grown a bit harder to click, but maybe I am just more use to it.

I will look into the G203 in the future. Wish it came in wireless, as it is small enough for a decent laptop mouse. I now use my G403S with my laptop, although it is fairly large and heavy to carry around.

Back