• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech Pilot Wheel Mouse

kpxgq

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
284
this was the best design logitech ever made IMHO... they need to re-release this design with modern/gaming upgrades:
- 1/2 thumb buttons
- high dpi/laser sensor
- braided cable

31AN7GKFSFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg


i would pay good money for that
 
I'm glad someone else shares my opinion.. almost. I like the shape of a ball mouse they had before that one but, that pilot would be my second choice. If it had 2 small left side thumb buttons and a good optical sensor..... I would buy 5 of them or more. That is basically what I have been waiting for. These guys seem to think we only want gigantic heavy palm mice. If they do make something smaller they remove every damn feature or cock up the design.
 
I had that exact mouse when I put together my first PC, it was great. Incredibly light weight
 
They made one pretty similar with a good sensor and front / back button on each side.

Logitech G3:

g3.jpg


I've got one in the original box if anyone is interested. Make me an offer. :)
 
They made one pretty similar with a good sensor and front / back button on each side.

Logitech G3:

g3.jpg


I've got one in the original box if anyone is interested. Make me an offer. :)

I'm tempted to buy one of those. I had mine (the one in the OP) back in the days of my TFC and Quake 3 addictions and was really good with twitch killing, I wonder if it will feel similar and bring back some skills because I suck at everything now. :eek:
 
It uses an old Laser sensor. Not sure how I feel about that. The g3 that is. http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/mouse-reference-thread

ohhhhhhh mmmmmmmm :cool: Thanks for that link End0rphine. That looks rather good. I'll read more and see what sensor they are putting in.

Edit: oh same sensor as the Xornet . Interesting. It's shaping up to be awesome. Reading more..... this person deserves an award or something. It's exactly what i've been looking for.... for many years. He even says "Has a subtle angled shape to the sides eg: \_/ ". I will definitely get at least 5 of them if it works out well.

And thank you again End0rphine.... wow
 
Last edited:
The mouse may also have an alternative version: one with the 3090 sensor (cm storm spaw, zowie AM/EVO) which should be better given the right firmware and tweaks, but if the consequence is a high LOD then that should be easily fixed. Big hopes for this mouse :)
 
The mouse may also have an alternative version: one with the 3090 sensor (cm storm spaw, zowie AM/EVO) which should be better given the right firmware and tweaks, but if the consequence is a high LOD then that should be easily fixed. Big hopes for this mouse :)

Awesome. I never got to use the xornets sensor. I picked up the CM Storm Spawn and was a bit worried because of all the posts about 800dpi issues on their forums but it tracked pretty well for me. I just could not get over that ridge some people seem to like for the ring finger. I hate it because I am used to using my ring finger to lift the mouse.... probably because of the Logitech Pilot Mouse and the ball mice before it.

Edit: The pilot mouse was my second favorite. The Logitech S48 Wheel Mouse was my favorite design. http://www.tcocd.de/Pictures/Peripheral/Logitech/ms48.shtml
 
Last edited:
Back
Top