• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Logitech or onkyo?

IDversusEGO

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
5,015
I want to upgrade the speakers on my main gaming rig from the labtech 2.1 set I have right now. I still want to stay with 2.1 because the room I am in has no good way to position rear speakers. So My top options right now are these...

option 1 - Logitech z2300. about $150
option 2 - onkyo 5.1 receiver and L/R bookshelfs from an Onkyo home theater in a box and a Dayton 10" or 12" sub from parts express. about $125 for the sub. I have everything else already.

size is a concern, but not too much. with the onkyo I could go 5.1 in the future for cheap. Problem is I have never heard the z2300's so I don't know how they sound.
 
Option 2 and if size is a real concern, then get the 10" sub. I got an Onkyo receiver and Dayton sub to replace my fried Klipsch 5.1 sub and I love it!
 
If you have the stuff and space, go with the receiver/bookshelf/sub setup. No PC speaker setup can match it.
 
Back
Top