Logitech MX900 Bluetooth Mouse

temper777

n00b
I just saw Logitech released a new mouse and keyboard using bluetooth instead of RF.

Logitech MX900

Has anyone tried this mouse out for gaming? I have been using the mx700 for months now and I love it. I read 2 reviews , but I rather have some felllow gamer opinions.

Originally posted by temper777
I have been using the mx700 for months now and I love it. I read 2 reviews , but I rather have some felllow gamer opinions.

If you like what you have now, then why change it?

cmon now trekster. thats some dumb logic, especially when it comes to computer hardware which constantly improves

I think they seem very expensive for what you're getting, althought I'm not really sure what this bluetooth thing is, explain it someone? Thanks.

Originally posted by doh-nut
cmon now trekster. thats some dumb logic, especially when it comes to computer hardware which constantly improves

not necessarily. I'm still using one of those old MS Optical 3.0's from forever ago, and I dont plan on getting a new one untill this one dies out on me. I sure as hell don't plan on spending 100 dollars on a mouse either. I don't have the cash to constantly upgrade when computer hardware is constantly improving.

I think one of the major differences is....

MX700

Fast RF cordless technology delivers corded quality in a cordless device within a six foot range, even on crowded desks.

MX900

Bluetooth is a standard wireless technology aimed at allowing users to make effortless, fast connections between various devices, such as mobile devices and computers. The sophisticated mode of transmission ensures protection from interference, increased security of data and offers greater wireless range. Your Bluetooth devices by Logitech will work up to 10 meters away from the included Bluetooth wireless hub.

I'm sure there are other differences maybe someone can clear up.

Fortunately for me, I don't need to worry about people listening into my mouse to computer transmissions.

that mouse is mine.

I am ordering it today if I can find a retailer.

Logitech was supposed to send me an email when this was available...stupid logitech.

I have the mx700 but considering the mx900 has a bluetooth hub (which I can use for my phone and palm and printer) its well worth the upgrade.

I cant wait!

Originally posted by ullyeus
that mouse is mine.

Logitech was supposed to send me an email when this was available...stupid logitech.

I have the mx700 but considering the mx900 has a bluetooth hub (which I can use for my phone and palm and printer) its well worth the upgrade.

I cant wait!

I'd love it if you posted a comparison between the Mx700 and Mx900 when you've had a bit of time to test! :)

Just the fact that the Bluetooth version is suppost to work over 30ft away is enough reason to buy it IMO. The RF version is only suppost to work efficiently up to 6ft away.

Only thing changed from MX700 is the bluetooth.

Bluetooth brings you the increased range, better security, and less interferance.

The best benefit from a gamer perspective is probably for using it at LANs, the bluetooth model should have far fewer problems with crosstalk of other same-model mice than the MX700 has. If it indeed has any problems at all, which it shouldn't.

Only thing I wanna know really based on the advantages is how does this effect battery life, did they include higher rated batteries, etc.

Peace.

Originally posted by defcom_1
I'd love it if you posted a comparison between the Mx700 and Mx900 when you've had a bit of time to test! :)

Will do.

I ordered it from tigerdirect.ca for $120 canadian or $90usd.

Well worth it since a bluetooth hub would have cost me ~ $50 or so. (a good quality one)

Originally posted by _cashel
not necessarily. I'm still using one of those old MS Optical 3.0's from forever ago, and I dont plan on getting a new one untill this one dies out on me. I sure as hell don't plan on spending 100 dollars on a mouse either. I don't have the cash to constantly upgrade when computer hardware is constantly improving.

that doesn't change the fact that there is something better that tracks better than that mouse.

Will do.

I ordered it from tigerdirect.ca for $120 canadian or $90usd.

Well worth it since a bluetooth hub would have cost me ~ $50 or so. (a good quality one)

You can get the MX Duo with Bluetooth (Bluetooth Elite Keyboard and MX900 mouse for about $145 U.S. off various web sites.check out Neoseeker.com

that mouse is mine.

I cant wait!

dont plan on everything working.

you'll be lucky to 2 out of 3

Well, I like bluetooth, but its not worth 90 bux for a mouse, i mean, well i guess if your using a shi*box mouse or something, man, its all about those cheap 4$ microsoft ball mice w/ the scroll wheel.

Originally posted by doh-nut
that doesn't change the fact that there is something better that tracks better than that mouse.

your right, it doesnt. But the one I'm using now works fine for everything I need it for, thus I see no point in me going out and spending 100 dollars on a mouse.

Back