Logitech MX518 autoscroll over animation causes reverse

Tawnos

2[H]4U
A couple weeks ago I purchased an MX518 to replace my double clicking Explorer 3.0a. I absolutely love the mouse, but any time I autoscroll on a page (the [H] frontpage is a good example) and the mouse cursor goes over an animation (flash, animated gif), the page begins to scroll upwards. If I'm already scrolling up, it goes upwards at an accelerated rate.

I've searched around the web and can't seem to find any other reports of this happening. Currently I have the logitech drivers installed to adjust sensitivity settings. No other keyboard or mouse drivers are loaded into the system.

Any suggestions?

Firefox. This problem did not occur with my old mouse, however. Nor does the problem occur in IE.

In the setpoint software, how do you have the scroll wheel set up? Default is "generic button". You can choose "autoscroll", or "universal scroll". I have it set as universal but, I don't use Firefox(the shame of it all), and scroll works for me in IE, no matter what setting is applied.

here's the problem... universal scroll does not exhibit that problem, but i also use middle mouse button to open links in new tabs and close tabs. Both of those features don't work w/ universal scroll

Back