Logitech MX510 vs MX518

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive had enough of my Microsoft Intelli Explorer 4.0 .. ive had it replaced 4 times now over the past year and a half.

It keeps going wrong, so i ring microsoft and they send a replacement, after a few months, it goes wrong again.

1) I want a Logitech mouse but was wondering if it was worth paying a little more for the Mx518 instead of the Mx510?

2) How long has the MX518 been out for?

3) Is there a way I can change the colour of the mouse before I buy it?

4) Ive heard rumors that the drivers for logitech mice are really bad, can anyone give me some information on this please?

thanks

I haven't tried the new mouse yet but what more can you want from your mx510 I love my.

I'm running an MX300 - really pleased. I've always been into Logitech - accurate, reliable & above all they feel good. I like to lift my mouse a lot, so I need something with tapered sides. I don't like mice that you rest your palm on - a lot of the MS mice are like that.

If you're after a mouse that has lots of buttons & a sweet optical engine, you can't go wrong with either of your choices. However should you be a 'lifter', you may want to consider others. Maybe something from the Razer family?

Cheers

I have the mx510 and its a great mouse, its aimed towards gamers and ive had 0 problems with the drivers. Also the mx518 doesnt use drivers to my knowledge.

mx518 can worht with or without drivers, few extra specialities like 5 different sens. settings with the drivers

I have to add in a vote to go with the MX510.

Insanely fast and the res on this thing is amasing. I got a red colored one but I really don't like that... looks like marble and marble shouldn't be on a mouse.

I'd just get the MX700. I bought it over a year ago and I have NOT changed the batteries yet. Since it has a rechargeable base, I just stick it on there every night and let it recharge. I'm pretty surprised the batteries haven't gone out yet tho. I know you're looking for an MX510, but the battery life on the MX700 will save you way more money in the long run. It works great, kind of heavy though like most cordless mice, but the scroll wheel is very smooth and I haven't had any real problems with it yet.

I'm with you on the MX 700, had mine since it came out and the batteries are great!

Mine run about three or four days without a recharge. Sensative, FAST, and just the right weight to work with all day.

As a matter of fact, the only mice I own at this point are logitechs of some sort.

Definatly worth it.

I've got the Logitech MX DUO (cordless keyboard and mouse), MX 300 a MX 500 ,510 and The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flight Stick. I love my Logitech. Tried the MS stuff, never liked it compared to Logi.

I have the Logitech MX500 now, planning to pickup MX518 soon. I've read some good things about it, should be good.

If you like the 510 you'll probably like the 518 too. I'll be getting one when they come out.

Why am I not surprised people are foolish enough to try and compare the best mice? in the world to wireless attempts.

I own a mx510 after several wireless attempts. This things owns. I see no reason the mx518 will be a let down.

Honestly, you don't need more DPI then whats already in the 510. It would be a waste of good game buying money.
I have a buddy that has a POS GE mouse and he's a pro-gamer that travels to korea, japan, and texas yearly. I know his mouse skips but he takes it everywhere he goes...says its his lucky mouse. :p

Why am I not surprised people are foolish enough to try and compare the best mice?
sorry, when i wrote the title, i was going to ask what was better, but i spent 5 minutes researching it and found the answer i wanted so i asked some questions i didnt know the answer to. I then posted this thread and didnt change the title, sorry.

deadman_uk said:
sorry, when i wrote the title, i was going to ask what was better, but i spent 5 minutes researching it and found the answer i wanted so i asked some questions i didnt know the answer to. I then posted this thread and didnt change the title, sorry.

LOL - don't sweat it :p

Back