maxiedaniels
Gawd
- Joined
- May 25, 2005
- Messages
- 1,006
I'm having major issues getting my HTPC to work properly from my bed for gaming.
I want to have a wireless keyboard+mouse which works from that range (~8-10ft), but nothing is working.
I've been through two RF combos, which work half the time. The other half, they drop out, the mouse stops randomly, all because the receiver isn't close enough. Sometimes I would have to put the receiver 2 feet from me or I'd get skips.
Now, I finally decided that I'd have to get a bluetooth combo since I've read that it doesn't have range and skipping issues like RF. I went and purchased the MX5000, and while it works from any distance, there is a good 1/2 second lag on both keyboard and mouse input. This makes gaming impossible, and anything else pretty difficult.
I've researched on the Logitech forums and tried many solutions - I've used a USB extension to bring the bluetooth dongle a few feet away from the computer for interference, I've removed the Setpoint software, tried different versions of the software, tried tweaking options, everything. I've even tried putting the dongle close to me.
Is there a tried and true BT combo that works well for gaming?? (Windows 7 64-bit by the way) There has to be a way to make this setup work properly.
And wired is not an option..
I want to have a wireless keyboard+mouse which works from that range (~8-10ft), but nothing is working.
I've been through two RF combos, which work half the time. The other half, they drop out, the mouse stops randomly, all because the receiver isn't close enough. Sometimes I would have to put the receiver 2 feet from me or I'd get skips.
Now, I finally decided that I'd have to get a bluetooth combo since I've read that it doesn't have range and skipping issues like RF. I went and purchased the MX5000, and while it works from any distance, there is a good 1/2 second lag on both keyboard and mouse input. This makes gaming impossible, and anything else pretty difficult.
I've researched on the Logitech forums and tried many solutions - I've used a USB extension to bring the bluetooth dongle a few feet away from the computer for interference, I've removed the Setpoint software, tried different versions of the software, tried tweaking options, everything. I've even tried putting the dongle close to me.
Is there a tried and true BT combo that works well for gaming?? (Windows 7 64-bit by the way) There has to be a way to make this setup work properly.
And wired is not an option..