logitech mx duo media keys problem

tim_m

i'm so nice
not sure if this is a hardware or software problem, please move if necessary

out of the blue, the media keys on my logitech mx duo kb stopped working correctly. some do not work at all, some have been mapped to other keys. i.e. the mute button acts like the f-lock button, the f-lock button acts like the messanger button, the play/pause button acts like volume up. the volume dial still works correctly.

i first tried reinstalling iTouch v222 over top of what i had there (which was also v222) to no avail. i then completely uninstalled it but the keys are still mis mapped. you know how windows can often use generic multimedia keys. if i go to volume control, the mute button does nothing, the volume dial works, and the play/pause button makes the volume go up.

could it possibly be the batteries? i think they're about half full. all the regular keys function normally including the normal f keys. i'm pretty well stumped so i'll take any suggestions. (i don't currently have new batteries to try but will find some)

it was working last week but i don't think i did anything that would have caused this.

Back